Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > FGM
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FGM Issues specific to securing protection from female genital mutilation

Old January 22nd, 2012

Default FGM At Birth

Is anyone here or know of any female that was circumcised? Do doctors even consult with parents at birth anymore on their wishes, or is it outlawed? So barbaric!
Old January 22nd, 2012

Default Re: At Birth

FGM is outlawed in the US and most other 1st world countries. it still happens in the us and the UK. this forum has a bunch of current accounts. usually at the request/order of the parents. in muslim communities its done in the home or in there church. there are doctors that will cut on girls that have larger then average genitals. very few people have ever been prosecuted for FGM in the US.
Old January 22nd, 2012
Administrator

Default Re: At Birth

It was made illegal in the USA during mid 1990s. Like the male variety, was originally done back in the 18th century to prevent masturbation. The practice did survive into the 20th century. A couple years ago, a woman from Kansas wrote a book about her discovery that this happened to her as a child back in the 1950s (Patricia Robinett, The Rape of Innocence, 2010), but its use never became widespread in this country like male circumcision.
Old January 23rd, 2012

Default Re: FGM At Birth

I hear it's performed on women at birth in Egypt, but I may be wrong.
Old January 23rd, 2012
Contributing Member

Female circumcision was practiced in the United States as a treatment on women and adolescents for "frigidity" and other perceived sexual problems. Insurer Blue Cross even paid for it up through 1977.

Sweden made FGM a crime in 1982, Britain in 1985, Canada in 1996 and the US in 1997. The UK strengthened its law in 2003 by making it a crime to genitally cut any female British citizen or resident anywhere in the world for non-medical reasons.

Circumcision of infant girls still occurs in Ethiopia and Egypt. Two years ago an Atlanta woman was arrested for circumcising her infant daughter.
Old February 1st, 2012

I briefly dated a girl who had been mutilated. Our relationship lasted only a few months, and we never became close enough that I felt comfortable talking to her about it.

She had a fragment of her clitoris and only partial inner labial folds. Everything about her felt different than every other woman I've been with before or since. She couldn't get wet. She couldn't get hard. It was painful to touch her inside. She made no sound when I touched her.

At the time, my remaining foreskin was still extremely tight, and I couldn't enjoy manual or oral stimulation. Erections generated mild pain. The stretching of the skin hurt. I felt numb, and I couldn't even suggest the best way to touch me as I still hadn't figured it out myself.

When women offered to touch me, I would just turn them down. I didn't even want them to try, and preferred to focus on their pleasure. For her, it was almost exactly the same.

We did what we could to love each other, but neither of us ever reached climax. In the end, the best part was just laying with her.

Intimacy with her helped me understand the effects of my own mutilation. The diminishment of sexual sensation is a profound damper on sexual enjoyment for both parties. The effect is synergistic, because action and positive response create positive arousal. The positive cycle of arousal leads to satisfaction and happiness. With the sexuality of both parties so diminished, the best one can muster is a hopeless, exhausting, circle.
Old February 22nd, 2012

Hello,...
I read out all the posts.All the post very informational about
FGM medicine for birth.Mostly doctors concerned for female
thanks a lot.