Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Welcome / Orientation Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome / Orientation Center Need help getting started? Post a question here even if you're just visiting. No links, no pics. REVIEW OUR GLOSSARY.

Old February 21st, 2012

Default New and loaded with questions

Hi guys! I'm Rob, I accidentally found foreskin restoration last night and after doing some homework I decided to give it a shot.

First off I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm currently in my sophomore year at the college of charleston, I am attending college with a full sailing scholarship. I live in a rented apartment with two roommates. I am very popular with the girls ever since 10th grade because I am very open and am a very good listener so girls have always come to me when they had issues. Because if this I tend to have alot of girls come and go from my room, my roommates think I am some kind of sex god but I honestly don't get very much action :/

Why do I want to restore my foreskin? Well mainly because I feel that we were put here for a reason and changing our bodies is slightly wrong. But also because my father was never around because he has been in jail since I was 6 years old so I always had to ask my mom about guy things and when I was 7 I asked why I was snipped when I was a baby and she said so I'd be like my father but me and my father are very different. My father was a flaming alcoholic and I personally don't see the point in alcohol, I don't have an issue with people that drink, I just don't see the point in it personally. My father was also big into war, he's full on wraith of god style blood and bullets and I'm anti war and believe war should be an absolute last resort because I don't believe dropping bombs on innocent women and children is the right answer to anything. I also like the fact that uncut penis has more protection so hopefully it won't hurt as bad when I get caught in the zipper

Questions/comments:
On the chart I would put myself on CL-1 I was really looking at the tlc tugger but it looks like to have to have some foreskin to begin with is that true?

If yes to the above, what it the best way to get a good base for getting foreskin? Manually pulling? How long would it take before I could use a tlc tugger if I did it everyday?

Being a college student I don't have very much money to buy devices like the tlc tugger, even if I cleaned them really well would it be really wrong to buy used? What would be the odds of finding some one willing to sale?

And just another comment about myself, I tend to get side tracked with things and I have learned I work best in a positive environment with positive encouragement and motivation, that is what I joined this forum.

I also made my own device that I use with no foreskin to try and stretch it while I'm in classes. I'm not sure that it works very well so would it be cool if I took pics and gave instructions on how to make to get advice and opinions on if it's actually working? It's uses some tape and a bungee cord.

Thanks in advance!
-Rob
Old February 21st, 2012
Administrator

Default Re: New and loaded with questions

Welcome,
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
I am very popular with the girls
Wait 'til they get a load of your new foreskin! :)

Quote:
changing our bodies is slightly wrong.
People who think changing our bodies is completely wrong are Sikhs, in case you're looking for a new religion.

Quote:
my father was never around because he has been in jail since I was 6
Sorry. That must have been tough.

Quote:
I personally don't see the point in alcohol
I think spending a lot of time recovering from drinking binges would slow your skin growth.

Quote:
uncut penis has more protection so hopefully it won't hurt as bad when I get caught in the zipper
Yeah, imagine they guy who gets his glans zipped. It's got to be worse than zipping skin.

Quote:
I would put myself on CL-1
It's C I for Coverage Index btw.

Quote:
looking at the tlc tugger but it looks like to have to have some foreskin to begin
If you can temporarily force your skin to cover the glans while flaccid then you can wear a tapeless device. Nudging your glans back while rolling your skin forward with force is how you conduct this test.

Quote:
Manually pulling? How long would it take before I could use a tlc tugger if I did it everyday?
Device wearers can improve their Forced Glans Coverage (measured while erect) by 1mm - 3mm per month. See http://foreskin-restoration.net/foru...90&postcount=1. I've never seen carefully measured numbers on manual tuggers but I'm sure they're similar. So how long it would take can only be answered by figuring out how many millimeters shy of forced coverage you are and guessing that you are probably on the fast side of slack gainers due to your youth.

Quote:
I don't have very much money to buy devices like the tlc tugger, even if I cleaned them really well would it be really wrong to buy used?
I'll bet there are lots of guys with stuff they don't use but never thought of selling. The surface of a silicone device eventually gets scoured by daily cleaning and starts to retain debris no matter how you clean it. So whether you want somone else's device depends on if he's got cooties and also how long he used it and whether he was overly aggressive scrubbing it. It hate to kill the secondary market, but I wouldn't buy anything made before October 2010 even if it was used only like a day, because the newer devices have a smoother more durable finish.

Quote:
would it be cool if I took pics and gave instructions on how to make {my device} to get advice and opinions on if it's actually working?
Yeah. No nudity of under-18 subjects.

Good luck.
Old February 22nd, 2012

Yeah if you are CI-1 you should probably start with manual tugging. Cross taping is also recommended for beginners with a tight cut. It is basically rolling your skin up as far as you can on your glans, then making a cross with two pieces of tape so the skin remains in that position (this puts tension on this skin, which is what induces growth). T-Taping is another good intermediate step up from cross taping. Some links that are helpful:

Manual tugging:
http://www.restoringforeskin.org/cat...manual-tugging
http://pages.suddenlink.net/manual_methods/index.html

Crosstaping:
http://adult.eskimo.com/~gburlin/restore/image.html

T-Taping:
http://www.restoringforeskin.org/blo...-t-tape-method
Old February 22nd, 2012

Concerning starting at a CI-1, you are most likely not going to be able to use a device at this point. Cross tapeing or tape rings are likely your best bet.

As a word of encouragement, I was a tight ci-1 when I started restoration. Today my glans rarely sees the light of day. This process works. You can look and feel like a natural man once again. It just takes lots of time and patience.

Best wishes on your endurance. A site like this one is helpful for the support that it provides.
Old February 22nd, 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Questions/comments:
On the chart I would put myself on CL-1 I was really looking at the tlc tugger but it looks like to have to have some foreskin to begin with is that true?

If yes to the above, what it the best way to get a good base for getting foreskin? Manually pulling? How long would it take before I could use a tlc tugger if I did it everyday?

Being a college student I don't have very much money to buy devices like the tlc tugger, even if I cleaned them really well would it be really wrong to buy used? What would be the odds of finding some one willing to sale?

Thanks in advance!
-Rob
Welcome!

Manual and cross taping are the typical starting methods. Cross taping will only get you started, but manual can take you all the way. Devices require you to have enough skin, Ron gave good advice.

There is no good way to predict how fast you will grow skin. There are too many variables. But you can buy a device now, then if it doesn't work now due to too little skin, set it aside until it will work.

A device will not be more effective at growing skin than other methods. Tension is tension. But some methods may fit your lifestyle better than others. Think in terms of how spontaneous you want to be, how much you can spend, how much privacy you want to have (or do have), what you are most comfortable with, how much you like to tinker.

For someone in your situation, and based on what you have said, I would give manual a long hard look. No cost, nothing obvious, can be done at odd moments. If you are considering buying used to stay within your budget, then manual sounds especially good because it has no cost. You can always change later don't forget.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old February 22nd, 2012

Welcome, Rob. As you must be aware of it by now, you have found a site with friendly, caring, and helpful members. I can only reiterate that manual methods are most convenient and useful to start restoring with little slack skin. Check the methods section in this site, it will give you ideas and insights. Many restorers also use their own home-made devices, and other men try them, modify them and also give tips on proper fittings, etc. Do-it-yourself systems gave rise to the commercially available ones. After you decide, you may want to try something else, or use different methods to overcome the monotony. Many of us use two or more methods in conjunction. As long as you keep tugging, you will get results.
Best wishes in your endeavors.
freddys.
Old February 22nd, 2012

Thanks for the warm welcome, positive encouragement, and friendly advice!

I has tried manual tugging but it hasn't been working out if I'm quite honest, after about 2 minutes I just end up masturbating lol..... Soafter reading the advice left from you I'm convinced that T tapping is the way to go. I will probably end up doing it during the night and during classes for a total of 14 hours a day with 10 hours to rest on while I'm practicing. What do you guys think? Perhaps too much time tugging? Please let me know because I tend to over think things when I get interested.

Also tomorrow I'll try posting up a progress thread so I can keep track on things and if I feel like I'm not getting any where I can look back and see my progress. And yes I'm over 18 (turned 22 in January)

Again thanks for all the advice and warm welcome!
Old February 23rd, 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome, positive encouragement, and friendly advice!

I has tried manual tugging but it hasn't been working out if I'm quite honest, after about 2 minutes I just end up masturbating lol..... Softer reading the advice left from you I'm convinced that T tapping is the way to go. I will probably end up doing it during the night and during classes for a total of 14 hours a day with 10 hours to rest on while I'm practicing. What do you guys think? Perhaps too much time tugging? Please let me know because I tend to over think things when I get interested.
I would caution against tugging while asleep. There is significant risk due to nocturnal erections increasing the tension enough to cause injury. If you are comfortable with that risk, I would suggest first simulating it by wearing your bed clothes, putting on the tape and tension, then getting into bed. Give yourself a few good hard erections and roll around. Stay in bed for 30 min or so. All OK? Then the first time you try it, I would back off tension a bit, just to be safe.

But I do not think 14 hours is needed. Think about how little time manual tuggers apply tension for. I would suggest beginning with 2 or 3 hours a day and see how that goes. You may be able to fit that in to your day pretty easily while awake. Leave the time short, but experiment with the tension. Keep everything constant for a few weeks and observe progress. Then make a change and hold that constant for a few weeks. Compare to the previous trial. Better? Worse? Make another adjustment.

When you have some confidence that you are getting the best growth possible, then try experimenting with time under tension if you wish. I am currently doing 3-6 hours a day, 4 days a week, and making the best progress of my restoration career. I would experiment with less time, but this current regime is so convenient I have no incentive to do that.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old February 25th, 2012

Quote:
. . . I has tried manual tugging but . . . after about 2 minutes I just end up masturbating lol . . .
User Name, I, and I'm sure everyone else, who has done manual taping has had that to happen, but it's no reason to give up on manual tugging.

If you keep at it, you will reach a point where your sexual arousal from manual tugging will simply turn itself off, even with an erection, and the urge for an orgasm will be gone as you tug manually.
Old March 5th, 2012

I tried taping and for me, it was too difficult until I had just a tiny bit more slack. Once I did some manual stretching for a few weeks, it seemed much easier and more effective. Ultimately I started with a DTR last week.

At first, you'll always get hard when trying to do this stuff because you're not conditioned to it. You think "play time". Over some period of a few days, you condition and get down to work. But you can play afterwards!