Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network TLC Tugger User Group

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > TLC Tugger User Group
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TLC Tugger User Group Moderated by Ron Low

Old February 3rd, 2009

Exclamation Progress speed and C-I

Hi, When I started restoring at c-i1 it took very long time to reach ci-2. from ci-2 to ci-3 the progress was much faster using the TLC tugger.
Now at ci-3 or maybe a little more and still tugging with the TLC more or less the same routine,(I rarely experinent with changing time or tension, I only use low tension for about an hour then moderate tension for the rest of the day) my progress just recently slowed down a little.
What can I do to keep my progress continously at a good rate??
Is there any relation between the coverage index and progress speed?? I read more than one article that progress becomes very slow from ci-3 to ci-4 and when ci-4 is reached the progress becomes faster again all the way up to someones goal which can be ci-7 or ci-9, etc... . In my opinion I don't see any reason for slowed progress at only a certain phase.
Old February 3rd, 2009

Default Re: Progress speed and C-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
What can I do to keep my progress continously at a good rate?? Is there any relation between the coverage index and progress speed?? I read more than one article that progress becomes very slow from ci-3 to ci-4 and when ci-4 is reached the progress becomes faster again all the way up to someones goal which can be ci-7 or ci-9, etc... . In my opinion I don't see any reason for slowed progress at only a certain phase.
I've heard and experienced the same thing about going from CI-3 to CI-4. I'm at CI-6/7 and am again running into a plateau with no noticeable growth occurring for some time.

I'm sure something is happening -- like it did at CI-3/4 -- but it's not noticeable at the moment. One day I'll just have full coverage at CI-7 w/o any pull back, just like when I got it to stay over the corona at CI-4.

In any event, your restoration rate is obviously a very individual thing. Some people get results faster -- much faster -- than others. I'm a slow grower and have done this for years at times w/o any noticeable gains. Changing my method of restoration and consistency helped the most.

Just like exercising, you reach plateaus. I don't know if it's just related to the CI level, but, when you hit a plateau, it's usually best to change up the method you use. Try something different -- another method, more tension, etc. to see if you can make additional progress.

Good luck!

Last edited by Swingshiftworker; February 3rd, 2009 at 15:25.
Old February 3rd, 2009

Red face Re: Progress speed and C-I

I sympathize with your statements. I started restoring about eight months ago at a C-2, and am now in solid C-3 territory.

I am now experiencing some spontaneous roll-over, so I guess I am approaching a C-4. This has been going on for some time now. I think one of the reasons it takes time to go from a C-3 to C-4 is the fact that the new skin has to push itself past the corona, and do so consistently. The skin can only do this when it gets long enough. Otherwise, it just seems to continue wrinkling and bunching up behind the corona. My perspective on this at least as I see it is that achieving C-4 is the biggest mountain to climb in this process. When the skin consistently goes past the corona, you have achieved a clear milestone.
Old February 3rd, 2009
Hugging My Member

My experience is in lockstep with the general consensus forming here. I went very quickly from CI-1 to CI-3. Now I have been at CI-3 for several months, with new skin very slowly building up behind the corona. CI-4 is elusive.

Thus, progress is still being made, but not so visibly, as the new skin accordions behind the head. New skin length simply doesn't show when flaccid. But, when I'm hard, and I pull the available skin forward, I am clearly getting more overhang than ever before.

Climbing over the CI-3 Coronal Mountain into CI-4 territory is definitely my current hurdle and will take many more months given my perceived rate of growth. I doubt my situation is very unique.
Old February 3rd, 2009

I am seeing the same thing. I started at CI 2 about 15 Months ago and I have been at CI 3 for about 9 months. I just cannot get to CI 4.

I changed my routine about three weeks ago to see if this made a difference. I have not noticed any change yet.

Looking forward to that magic CI4 roll over.

Happy tugging,
Old February 4th, 2009
Junior Member? I'd say it's above average.

I have been tugging for almost 8 months now. I started off around CI-2 to CI-2.5 and quickly went to CI-3. However, I am still at CI-3. I think part of the reason we so quickly get to CI-3 but then take a while to get to CI-4 is because of the amount of skin growth needed. From CI-2 to CI-3 there is not a huge amount of skin needed, but between CI-3 and CI-4 (at least in my case) I need quite a bit of skin.

I think Ron has a point when he says he doesn't go by the CI, but instead goes by measurements. It's all relative with the CI. For example someone with a 2 inch flaccid penis will need a lot less skin growth than someone let's say with a 4-5 inch flaccid penis.

I don't know if all this makes sense, but I tried to word it the best I know how.
Old February 4th, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeforemore237 View Post
I think Ron has a point when he says he doesn't go by the CI, but instead goes by measurements. It's all relative with the CI. For example someone with a 2 inch flaccid penis will need a lot less skin growth than someone let's say with a 4-5 inch flaccid penis.
Actually, a person with a 2 inch flaccid penis (like me) has a "grower" and may actually need "proportionally" MORE growth than someone with a longer flaccid penis.

I know this is counterintuitive, but I am at CI-6 (and sometimes CI-7) and, when flaccid, my inner foreskin length is about 1 3/4", which covers everything except the tip most of the time and sometimes all of it (hence CI-6/7), but, when stretched my foreskin length more than doubles to about 3 3/4", and yet I still don't have full coverage all of the time because my thick and elastic skin and wants to stay all "bunched" up.

So, I'll need to grow at least 1" more flaccid skin in order to achieve full coverage with a little overhang, which would represent a 57% increase in length, while someone with a 4" or 5" flaccid penis with the same coverage would only have to gain 25% or 20%, respectively, to gain 1" more to do the same.

Also, it seems that "growers" take much longer to achieve length in restoration than "showers" do. At least that's the situation in my case. I've been tugging for years to achieve the modest gains I have now and I expect to have to tug for years more to get to CI-8/9, which is my goal. I just hope I live so long.
Old February 5th, 2009

Another factor, in addition to the factors mentioned already in this thread, which I think influences the amount of skin necessary to reach the CI 4 condition is the diameter of the corona compared to the diameter of the shaft.

Where the corona is either the same as or only a little larger than the shaft "roll over" is easier (read requires less slack skin &/or requires less time) than where the corona is markedly larger than the shaft.

Perhaps others would like to comment on this matter in the light of their experiences and individual anatomy.

Ian
Old December 27th, 2013

Once you reach CI4, you're half way done. CI4 is clearly the greatest obstacle in restoring.
Old December 27th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inc63 View Post
Another factor, in addition to the factors mentioned already in this thread, which I think influences the amount of skin necessary to reach the CI 4 condition is the diameter of the corona compared to the diameter of the shaft.

Where the corona is either the same as or only a little larger than the shaft "roll over" is easier (read requires less slack skin &/or requires less time) than where the corona is markedly larger than the shaft.

Perhaps others would like to comment on this matter in the light of their experiences and individual anatomy.

Ian
Absolutely right! The circumference of my glans is much bigger than my shaft. I got stuck at CI4 for almost two years before I achieved roll-over. In the end I had to use some lateral tension to widen the skin tube so that there was enough width to get past my coronal ridge. My restoration has taken nine years and I am sure the size of my glans is the main reason it has taken so long.