Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Bi-Directional Tensioning
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- Bi-Directional Tensioning TLC-X, CAT II, DTR

Old July 26th, 2008

Default Silicone Head for CAT II-Q

I have learned a lot from the posts and ideas on this and other restoration forums. So, perhaps this post will help others in return. For me, using a mix of a bi-directional device and manual tugging seems to work quite well. I have tried both the TLC-X and CAT II-Q. I like the soft silicone head on the TLC-X, but like the faster installation, adjustment and secure locking features of the CAT II-Q. I decided it was time to have the best of both in a single device. I cast a new soft silicone pusher for my CAT II-Q. I made the part with rounded edges, similar to the standard hard plastic pusher of the CAT. For me, this rounded edge was important to prevent pinching the glans. I also wanted the pusher to be more concave than the standard plastic pusher on the CAT, to better match the shape of my glans. It's very comfortable. Below are pictures of the standard CAT pusher and the new silicone part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Std CATII #2.jpg (74.9 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg Mod CATII #1.jpg (71.5 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg Mod CATII #2.jpg (77.6 KB, 176 views)
Old July 26th, 2008

Default Re: Silicone Head for CAT II-Q

Excellent! That is applied research at its best.
KOt
Old April 13th, 2009
Average Member, Biggish Nuts

Hi, can you elaborate on your casting method and materials? I've tried to cast silicone aquarium sealant before and been disappointed with the results. Your cone looks really smooth. Nice job!

GBB
Old April 15th, 2009

I also used silicone aquarium sealant. I made the plug out of wood, and sanded it with 400G to get it smooth. The mold was made from plaster of paris. Here are some photos. The silicone was soft, but I found it to be too "grabby". The use of lotion to reduce the stick nature of the silicone caused the CAT to slip off. I don't use it now. Instead, I use a flattened cotton pad with the standard pusher. This seems to work better for me than the deep pusher, but most prefer Tom's newer plastic pusher, if they have the needed skin.

-Bitmore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mold 1.jpg (89.9 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Mold 2.jpg (73.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Mold 3.jpg (70.7 KB, 75 views)
Old April 17th, 2009
Average Member, Biggish Nuts

Thanks for the reply and the photos. I'm finding that my skin sticks to the pushers and is painful to remove after a couple of hours whether I use the standard or the deep pusher. Sounds like silicone isn't going to help. I've modified my deep pusher by grinding and polishing and gotten a comfortable fit. Its just the removal that is painful. Oh well.

Thanks,
GBB
Old April 17th, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabutchboy View Post
Thanks for the reply and the photos. I'm finding that my skin sticks to the pushers and is painful to remove after a couple of hours whether I use the standard or the deep pusher. Sounds like silicone isn't going to help. I've modified my deep pusher by grinding and polishing and gotten a comfortable fit. Its just the removal that is painful. Oh well.

Thanks,
GBB
Put a small dab of skin cream on your pusher and it won't stick to your glans.