Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Manual Tugging
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 28th, 2010
Banned

Default Speed of Manual Tugging?.

So I was looking at the website someone listed here: http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...gging/method-2

and the guy says he was able to grow 1/4" of skin (6mm) per month just using this alone?! That seems much much more than any of the other methods listed using devices and such.......anythoughts? The article reads in a section:

Quote:

How often do I need to do this?

The purpose of tugging is to induce mitosis. Mitosis is the process in which new skin cells grow, which makes the shaft skin longer, which will become our restored foreskin. There are no scientific studies that tell us how much tension should be applied for how long or how often. All we have is the experience of others to guide us.
When I started tugging, I was able to grow more than 1/4 inch (6mm) of shaft skin per month using this method and other manual methods. I tugged every few hours, for 1 minute (when I was in the bathroom) up to 20 or 30 minutes (in the evening when I had privacy). I usually manually tugged for a total of one hour a day, sometimes up to 2 hours. I spaced my manual tugging throughout the day.

Old August 28th, 2010
Wholesome seeker

Talking Re: Speed of Manual Tugging?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaabha View Post
So I was looking at the website someone listed here: http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...gging/method-2

and the guy says he was able to grow 1/4" of skin (6mm) per month just using this alone?! That seems much much more than any of the other methods listed using devices and such.......anythoughts?
I am that guy. I went from tight erections and not knowing that it was possible for skin to cover the glans to having full flaccid coverage in less than a year. I am a grower and that helped getting for full flaccid coverage. There are other guys who report similar progress using other methods and devices.

You need to be careful about comparing your progress to others. I may have full flaccid coverage, even with a bit of overhang, but I barely have 100% FEC.

I don't think any method or device is better than another. I think what is important is having a routine that can be followed every day, day after day. I also think a routine of higher tension for shorter periods done multiple times a day works very well.

Every man needs to experiment to see what works best for him. Your method and routine needs to fit your lifestyle. Check progress monthly and change it up if you are not satisfied with your progress.

See my other profile at RestoringForeskin.org and my blog at RestoringTally and my Facebook page and Celebrating Foreskin Tumblr.
Old September 1st, 2010

Default Re: Speed of Manual Tugging?.

Tally, this is some of the best, most straight-forward information that I have found. I like your well-done website, and base my manual tugging on it. I feel that results have been fast in coming. I started as a CI-3 in the latter part of July 2010, and have already noticed significant results, as indicated by the progressive ease in getting assisted coverage of the glans.

If you haven't seen them, check postings by 1taoist, who promotes a "twisting/squeezing" technique, which also seems to make good sense. and which I have added to my tugging "cocktail".

At the moment, I am at the "corona barrier" stage (which I reached rather quickly). My experience with purely manual techniques has been so positive that I am not considering the use of any mechanical devices, as good as they may be. I think that is a matter of personal preference and persuasion.

Sync45
Old September 1st, 2010
I didn't ask for this.

Tally has a nice site and I have referred to it on many occasions. And this is very true:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally View Post
You need to be careful about comparing your progress to others
Many, many factors to consider when doing such a thing.

I enjoy manual tugging, particularly in the shower. After a day of wearing the tugger, manual tugging feels like a good way top it off and to get a good, healthy blood flow going (about half of my routine is during an erection). Not entirely sure why, but something just feels right about the skin being wet while applying tension. I don't know, maybe it's just because the skin looks very plush and healthy while I work with it, in the shower.
Old September 4th, 2010

I agree with Tally and Distalero, and thanks for the mention Sync.

I like the way you phrased that, Distalero- manual may be a superior method for most guys but you're not certain. My sentiments exactly. Meaning, the caveat keeps everything we think we know in check. And even if it IS true, nothing is ever 100% true.

Another term you dropped in there was "natural law". This is what spawned my employment of spiral tension. I now, having been doing it daily, firmly believe this is the ideal skin-expansion principle. My skin is growing but it is also in great condition and highly-sensitive (nerve-wise). It's functioning well.

Natural law produces spiral growth pattern. Thus the theory I'm pursuing is that tension is a state better described as "torsion". Look it up.

I personally theorize that the caveman approach is linear, and may have some more to do with the thinking of people that Distalero mentioned. It's time we understood better what the f@$k is going on here. Yeah, you can get it done linear, but you can also grow your dick by wearing a rock on it all day. Doesn't mean you really have a bigger dick, or a functional one for that matter, just a bunch of expanded tissue.

The growth rate is a little better manually, that much is established. But what I have to say is that's a small indicator of something crucial to the restored product. What's more important is to expand that little plus with even more natural law, and grow a really good piece of dick.

Spiraling in my experience is a step forward in thinking and application. Twist and squeeze a little. See how it feels. If you're like me, it will ring true to you.
Old December 13th, 2010
Restoring My Member

Im pretty skeptical about all this.

Just seems a bit strange to me that one could manually tug ONLY 1 hour, maybe up to 2 hours, a day and get results as good as or better than using a device which (presumably) most wear from 4-12 a day. How can the results be so different? Youd think the amount of tension/torsion to be all the same, right? After all, you can FEEL that it is roughly the same.

So how is this possible? Is manual tension just HIGH tension?
Old December 13th, 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk1980 View Post
Is manual tension just HIGH tension?
I think it pretty much has to be. Otherwise, as you suggest, manual tugging for 20 or 30 minutes per day would be just about as effective as wearing a device for 20 to 30 minutes per day. Anybody here wearing a device or tape for less than an hour per day? What's your monthly change in FEC?

With manual or with tape/devices, I'm concerned that some guys might be using tension beyond anything proven effective and measured in a clinical setting, and it may not give the best quality skin. I'm also concerned that some other guys may not be getting results as quickly as they would like.

I do think manual tugging can be effective for making an uneven situation more even. Picture a round balloon; deflate it and use your fingertips to repeatedly stretch a small area and when you re-inflate it might have a bulge where it got stretched. But I'm not sure the skin that results from such focused stretching is the healthiest possible skin. But if the choice is uncomfortable assymetry or skin that hangs evenly with a zone that's been distressed and is not very pleasure receptive, I'll take the symmetry, especially if it brings me to state where I can start wearing a 24/7 method.
Old December 15th, 2010
Restoring My Member

Thank you for the replies, both of you. Time to take it up a notch.
Old December 17th, 2010

I concur with Distalero. The best thing he said was using a device "at some mental distance". This is an amazing point. I'll tell you why.

Most progress thru consistency is made effective by "turning off the mind". That means not thinking. Thinking is a funny thing- we need it but it also keeps us from getting what we want. If you're thinking too much, your progress at something will slow. So, one would think mental distance would be good. But here's the rub- manual, in it's rest periods, is far more distanced, in fact turned off mentally. While some think that wearing a device and "not thinking about it" is a state of mental distance...it really isn't. As you wear the device, it actually mentally enslaves you to it. Sure, you can forget about it for brief periods but in my experience those were really brief- you're always fidgeting with it and as the stim is constant it is always engaging your mind at a very low level. Unconscious.

Ron surmises that a constant low-level tension engaging the mind at a low-level produces results. And it does. But so does high-intensity interval training. In fitness nowadays, high-intensity interval training is shown to be more effective for growth, moderate-intensity endurance training actually tones and downsizes (tightens) by training your body to conserve.

Manual methods trigger growth but it's extra noticeable effect is due to the mind not engaging during the down time. More so than the "distance"
Distalero spoke of. You can be doing something while your mind is elsewhere. The question is when you aren't "doing" it, is your mind at rest? And as you're doing it, is your mind fully active but not thinking?

The body is a funny thing. As Distalero has said before this is an art. The mind must be involved, but not impede the physics. And when we're not doing it, is our mind at rest? Doing something mindlessly isn't the way. Being mindful is. But the two processes indicate two ways of mindfulness- low impact continuous, high-impact interval. You decide which, but the latter seems to produce quicker gains.

This might be because the mind, when it effects the body, does it shockingly fast and shockingly intensely. It operates best when at rest MOST OF THE TIME. And when it engages, it goes full-force.

Engaging the mind at a low level thru Chinese water torture can work, too, but only as far as the mind is not overly engaged. Putting your mind at a distance would be flawed. Gently engaging it would be effective over time.

The point to recognize is manual methods free the mind MOST OF THE TIME, and there is much to be pondered on this fact. When we engage with our hands, the mind is activated fully and present, does it, then frees the mind.
Old December 17th, 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Taoist View Post
In fitness nowadays, high-intensity interval training is shown to be more effective for growth, moderate-intensity endurance training actually tones and downsizes (tightens) by training your body to conserve.
If only this were muscle mass bodybuilding.