Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 12th, 2010

Default Masturbation

Hi guys. I just wrote here to ask if masturbation is really a sin. I'm really getting confused about it,since a priest told me that it is not a sin. However, my doctor advised me to do it so my prostate wont get enlarged.How many times a day should I do it? Any advices would be greatly appreciated.thanks a lot.
Old December 12th, 2010
Administrator

Default Re: Masturbation

Masturbation is a normal part of human behavior and not only is there nothing wrong with it, it could provide some health benefits, thought there is not very strong support for this from science.

Religion is based on faith, not science. If you wish to follow a religion, then you should follow what they teach. There may be some wiggle room, and you may have good reason to not follow everything to the letter, but it is up to you and how you view your religion, and how hard a line they draw regarding masturbation.

I personally think any religion that draws a hard line and prohibits masturbation is not worth following, but that is just me.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old December 12th, 2010
Ribbed for extra sensitivity

How many times a day should I do it?
I think you will find that there is a body imposed limit to the number of times a day.
of the drinking classes"

- Oscar Wilde
Old December 12th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoantoniodelosreyes View Post
Hi guys. I just wrote here to ask if masturbation is really a sin. I'm really getting confused about it,since a priest told me that it is not a sin. However, my doctor advised me to do it so my prostate wont get enlarged.How many times a day should I do it? Any advices would be greatly appreciated.thanks a lot.
Masturbation is a normal sexual activity for humans. Those who control people using religion say that masturbation is a sin because that engenders guilt, so the believer has to go to the priest for the guilt to be removed. This sets up a guilt-forgiveness cycle. In this way the priests gain their livelihood. Religions make rules about sex and food that people cannot possibly keep because the rules contravene the natural biology of humans. It is important to understand that religions are all about maintaining power by promulgating lies and deceit. Do some reading on the way religions work. To understand how religions set up a guilt cycle read: The God Virus by Darrel Ray. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...irus&x=16&y=19
Old December 12th, 2010

marcoantoniodelosreyes,
Is masturbation a sin? You need to answer that one based on your own religion and understanding of that religion. If your priest said its ok, then go with that, but it is your call.

On the how often question. If you are ONLY concerned about prostate health, I have read that sex/masturbation to release (ejaculation) an average of 2-3 times a week is good for long term prostate health. That is enough to make sure the pipes are working properly over time. Of course individual results and desires may vary.

Take care and happy gains,
Old December 12th, 2010
Administrator

Regarding how often...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...rbation-really

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationshi...urbation-guide

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...turbation?open

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer...te-cancer-risk

http://kinseyconfidential.org/mastur...-common-myths/

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"
Old December 14th, 2010

Don't worry about it, if you believe in sins then you also believe that Jesus died for your sins. This means that you can masturbate all day if you feel so inclined. Lol.
Old December 15th, 2010

If masturbation makes you incapable of helping the poor, the widows and the fatherless, then it's a sin. If it makes you incapable of forgiving, showing compassion, or bearing another's burdens, then it's a sin.

Hope that helps.
Old December 17th, 2010

My question is did your priest offer to help you with masturbation? I would assume he's pretty good at it, and might be able to absolve you of any guilt you might feel on the spot. Kill two birds with one nut, so to speak.

Masturbation is simply accessing your pleasure mechanisms without bothering to involve others. Yet, as I once heard a comedian say...when you're 20 your biggest fear is getting caught masturbating and someone seeing you; when you're over 30 you don't even wanna do it unless someone is watching. :-D

Life is just like that. Masturbation lowers the mind into it's cellar, temporarily. And down there it's dark and wet and dirty and scary...until you turn the light on. Then it's just disgusting and a mess. That's the process. Masturbating is going into the cellar with the light off, feeling around as your mind creates all sorts of delusions, and then you come, and as you do you loose all control and in your effort to regain your balance you flip the light switch on...

And it's over. Horror show over. And you're left with this gooey mess and your mind just wants out of the cellar. So you go back up, make a sandwich and watch TV. You'll feel better.

That's all it is. Now, it's up to you if you can make the cellar trips your friend. Some get stuck in the cellar turning the light on and off, on and off, for hours. This has an obvious deleterious effect. Learn to make periodic trips that are fun, but don't spend all day down there.

Get it?
Old December 17th, 2010

....wow....really guys?? this is quite obviously a troll....