Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Safe Haven
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Safe Haven Disrespect for religious views is not permitted.

Old November 2nd, 2011

Default The 700 Club

In the past I had read a quotation from pat Robertson of the 700 Club TV show, endorsing MGM, but since I could not find the source of the quotation,
with held any criticism of Mr. Robertson and his Television network.

Within the past few weeks, I had been alerted by an Intact America e-mail, that the 700 club had done a very pro MGM piece, but I had missed it, since I watch very little TV at all and even less of Pat Robertson's network.

On the Net, I got to see the report, as complete as possible to be best of my knowlege, and it was even more horrible than I was expecting!

There was only one person interviewed who was against MGM, and everyone else was all for it.

I know from what I have watched of the 700 Club that Pat Robertson and his guests sometimes comment on the news stories presented on his show, but if there were such comments on this particular piece, I don't know.

Does anyone on this board know if Mr. Robertson and his guests did comment on that "news" piece?

I'm sure that if Mr. Robertson did not agree with and endorse the pro MGM bias of the report, it would not have been aired on his TV show.

I'm sure there are probably many men and women, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters who were outraged by that item on Mr. Robertson's show, who will beware of him and his TV network from now on.

Has anyone here, in the past, been a supporter of Mr. Robertson, financially, or politically?

If so, will you in any way support Mr. Robertson in the future, after that report on the 700 Club?
Old November 2nd, 2011

Default Re: The 700 Club

What would one expect from an organization that has bilked the public out of millions of dollars? Pat Robertson and those like him should all be tarred and feathered and never allowed back into society.
Old November 3rd, 2011

Amen on that,jeff71913!!!

I'm glad I've never been a follower of Pat Robertson, but I'm sure some of his followers include intact men, and Intactivists, and they will be just as outraged by the report as I was, and they'll stop following Mr. Robertson.
Old November 3rd, 2011

They actually did a story in which they promoted circumcision on youtube.
Old November 3rd, 2011
Restoring from Wisconsin

Aspie, what would the Youtube search criteria be?
Old November 3rd, 2011

I don't even know if I consider myself Christian any more, and I despise Pat Robertson.

Here's some relevant links.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/J...cumcision-Ban/

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsci...-Circumcision/

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsci...ublic-Health-/

I was already in a bad mood and this just makes me want to put my damn fist through something.
Old November 3rd, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOZ6 View Post
Aspie, what would the Youtube search criteria be?
Here ya go a link to the vile thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU3iOvVq32I

Oh and I want to point out I was wrong on my facts it wasn't the 700 club but the Christian Broadcasting Network which the 700 club is a part of that did the video.
Old November 4th, 2011

Thanks for all the great responses, everybody!

Glad the distinction between the 700 Club and CBN TV was made clear.

I'm sure nothing goes on that TV network that Pat Robertson would not approve of.

I don't know if I will click on those new links or not.

Seeing the CBN report was once, and too many times, and I definitely do not want to see it again.
Old November 4th, 2011

One matter relating to Pat Robertson has been bothering me a lot, and so far
I haven't found any answers to my own questions.

Many of you other Forum members might remember that Pat Robertson ran for President of the USA in the 1980s.

At the time, I saw a TV report where Dr. Cory Servass, of the Saturday Evening Post magazine, said she was supporting Mr. Robertson for President.

This raised my eyebrows, because although I had no evidence, or reason to believe that Pat Robertson might be pro-MGM, I knew that some evangelical Christians are very pro-MGM, as Mr. Robertson is. Apparently, his pro MGM statement quoted in Dr. Bigelow's book, was in a private communication with the author, according to the footnotes.

I was very bothered to learn this about Dr. Servass, because while I don't know of her ever being an Intactivist, she ran what I consider a major article, in SEP, strongly condemning the cutting of baby boys, which she did years before, probably because she was ordered to do it, and she was very horrified by what she had done.

The full page photo of a baby boy tied down and screaming as he was cut, was reprinted over and over again, in the following years (the Post article was 1980 or 1981) by various Intactivists.

I have no idea if Dr. Servass is still sympathetic to Pat Robertson, since he hasn't run for public office since then, but the idea of someone as anti MGM as she was, and I hope still is, is very disturbing to me.

I've done some net searches on Dr. Servass, and can't find anything about what she feels about MGM in the present.

As impassioned as she was against MGM in her SEP article, I don't see any way that she would change her mind, by such recent nonsense as the African AIDS studies.

My hopes were that she would have a positive influence on Pat Robertson about the male body, but apparently not.