Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 24th, 2011

Default Re: Does this really work?

Thanks for the response Z. How old where you when you began to restore what was lost? I am 48, I heard about restoration 15 years ago. I wish now I had done it back then but I was afraid it was kinky or something, but today while I still feel it is a little kinky I guess I also feel a deep inner desire to look more natural for some reason I simply feel an uncut penis just really looks good. I will also say that in the back of my mind I wonder what my parents would say if they knew I wanted to do this, I think they would really think this was very strange and would wonder about me and why I am doing this. I cannot help but hear in the back of my mind them saying "What the hell is the matter with you are you mentally ill? That is just way to strange, I have never heard of something so stupid." That is a psychological hurdle for me. Any thoughts Z? Z how long did it take for you to get to where you are today? I think the one ting I am concerned about is that I would like to have the skin fairly snug at the tip when i am done I have seen some photos where the end is wide open. I looked at several guys on the site New Foreskin and there are several guys who provided photos that really look good and then some that are more open. What was your experience? What about hair on the penis shaft. How did you or do you deal with that so that again the penis looks normal not a hairy monster? I am so excited about doing this but I just want to make sure that what I am doing is right and will produce the results I desire. There is nothing more that I would enjoy than to be able to shower at the gym and be the seemingly odd guy out when in fact I would be the normal guy with a foreskin and head covered, for one I would feel that being different would be the best thing in the world! So as you can see this is something that I really want to do and have wanted to do for a long long time but was afraid of being different of seen as being weird. I remember being in grad school and in the showers after working out and seeing these other guys in the shower. They were a few years younger and much to my surprise they were both uncut. I distinctly remember them casually talking to one another and while they were one of the guys pulled back his foreskin and washed himself as though there was nothing unusual at all, I remember feeling my heart sink at that sight as I so wanted to be able to do the same thing but I did not know why or why it even mattered to me, funny thing is that shower image has remained with me all these years. So if there is anything you can offer to me to help me along that would be great. I am sad I have to do this but excited that I am about to embark on an exciting journey of healing and physical well being. Like I said when I looked at myself in the mirror holding the skin down over my glans I was shocked at how great it looked and how it felt, there was simply a warm feeling inside and I thought how great it will be when I dont have to hold the skin but it will be there naturally I don't want a C10 but I would sure like to be a 7 or 8 if at all possible. The other guy I described in my first post was never cut so his foreskin was at different points when he would get in the shower after he and his friends played racquetball. Funny how I remember such things but I do. I guess we always want what we don't have right?

I would welcome Z's or anyone elses thought to these thoughts inner feelings concerns and mental blocks I experience wondering if what I am feeling is normal and how others dealt with these thoughts and issues. I am a respected person in the community and I am having a hardtime think that if others knew of this desire of mine what would they think or say? Are these again, normal fears and concerns?
Old November 24th, 2011

Hello Jon1963, and welcome. The feelings you expressed about wanting a foreskin are shared by all restorers. Since restoration is not a common conversation subject, it is not surprising that many uninformed persons would find it odd. After all, circumcision is unfortunately considered the norm in the U.S. But restoration is a very private matter, which you need not share with anyone else, and which is not obvious.
On a practical level, you can target your restoration to emphasize inner or outer skin, or both. It is a very slow process, meaning that you can adjust your target at any time.
Being able to talk openly on this forum will help you realize that you are not weird. Instead, the weird ones are those who think that cutting off a perfectly normal and functional part of your own body is acceptable. Personally, I also felt weird about starting my restoration, but soon I got the courage to talk about it to my extended family, and after explaining the problems caused by circumcision, I found that everyone supported me. Of course, my children and their spouses are reasonable individuals, who will listen to my arguments. I have joined the local NORM group, and made some close friends there. Little by little, you will get more confident about your restoration and even welcome any inquiries, for the purpose of educating more people. For me, restoration has profoundly improved my self esteem and my empathy toward others. Many other restorers have reported similar benefits, and I have not yet heard of any regrets.
best regards,
freddys.
Old November 25th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1963 View Post
Thanks for the response Z. How old where you when you began to restore what was lost?
I was 40.

I had been researching circumcision since college days, hoping to find something that would un-do my circumcision. At age 40, I found "The Joy of Uncircumcising" in a public library. Read the entire book in about 2 hours and immediately ordered a copy for my self. The day it arrived I went to the pharmacy and picked up some tape to start restoration. I knew this is what I had been looking for all these years.

I'm 58 now. Have looked intact for some time. It is a slow process, and it takes longer if you have a tight circumcision as I did.
Old November 25th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1963 View Post
I will also say that in the back of my mind I wonder what my parents would say if they knew I wanted to do this
I never discussed my restoration with my parents. Dad died 4 years before i heard of foreskin restoration. I did disucss circumcision with my dad and he gave all the 'it's good for you / it's cleaner / it's just automatically done' talk.

He was not circumcised until 68 --- doctor talked him into it as he was being treated for prostate cancer. It' MIGHT cause a problem, so let's do it now, since it was not done before. Same bias. He did not like the results.

I thought about perhaps saying something to mother, but never did.

I don't have any brothers. Have not discussed restoration with my sisters, although I did mention not circumcision to sister when she was pregnant. She had two daughters, so moot point.

I have discussed restoration with a few close buddies. Mixed reaction. Some ask that we not talk about it. Some are intrigued. A FEW actually follow through and do it.

Z
Old November 25th, 2011

Quote:
I don't want a C10 but I would sure like to be a 7 or 8 if at all possible.
You may be surprised, as you move along, you may change your mind and want to go for the full c10!

When I got to about C7 or 8 I took a break. It looked and felt pretty wonderful. Now I'm going to for the C10. It's OK to change your goal.

Z
Old November 25th, 2011

Quote:
Z how long did it take for you to get to where you are today?
Let me remind you that I had a very tight circumcision. There was absolutely no slack skin on the shaft to start with. That said, I'd guess it took about 10 years until I was feeling somewhat intact. But I will also say, that I could feel a difference after about 30 days. So you start to feel the difference quite early on. I just had a LONG way to go. I have a gomco clamp style circumcision and the doctor pulled as much skin as he possibly could into the clamp to be sure that would never have any skin event attempt to roll up over my glans. And that's the way it was.

Quote:
I think the one thing I am concerned about is that I would like to have the skin fairly snug at the tip when i am done I have seen some photos where the end is wide open. I looked at several guys on the site New Foreskin and there are several guys who provided photos that really look good and then some that are more open. What was your experience?
Yes, when you have done enough restoration, the shaft skin does come up, by itself, and roll over the glans completely. It snugs down over the end and totally hides the glans. You cannot see the glans. It snugs down very nicely. Looks very authentic. Feels that way too. Mind puckers down nicely. If you saw me in the locker room there would be no question that you'd think I was intact.
Old November 26th, 2012

Hi Guys

Have just finished reading this post - great stuff!!

I've been restoring for nearly two years, and when I remove my device (DTR, TLC-X, etc) I stay covered for the whole day/evening/whatever.

Whilst my Glans is now very smooth, I'm eager for when it becomes really shiny and looks 'wet'. From what I've read in this post and others, that will eventually come.

As far as sex is concerned, I'm not sure my wife thinks this partial restoration is helping her at all. She is post-menopausal and very dry, so sex is generally uncomfortable for her (maybe at every second day I'm expecting too much). Masturbation of course is a dream with the skin easily going over the glans when flacid and when erect.

So......... to the newbies, keep going it is definitely worth it. To the ancients (meant in the nicest possible way), you lucky guys, I can't wait to get to that point myself.

Regards

Growin

Last edited by growin; November 26th, 2012 at 21:08. Reason: 'masturbation' need a capital letter
Old January 23rd, 2013

JUst starting out with \ DTR but wondering if anyone has problems with the veins in their cocks swelling under the gripper whe they take it off ?? just so worried this is going to hamper my ability to continue, after taking off the DTR where the gripper grips the skin is compresses a thin vein which has a bit of a hard knot in it now whe i take it off, it does go away after a day or so but would be helpful if anyone else has experienced this problem many thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BUMP ONE.jpg (79.7 KB, 121 views)
Old January 23rd, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlorenz View Post
JUst starting out with \ DTR but wondering if anyone has problems with the veins in their cocks swelling under the gripper whe they take it off ?? just so worried this is going to hamper my ability to continue, after taking off the DTR where the gripper grips the skin is compresses a thin vein which has a bit of a hard knot in it now whe i take it off, it does go away after a day or so but would be helpful if anyone else has experienced this problem many thanks
JUst starting out with \ DTR but wondering if anyone has problems with the veins in their cocks swelling under the gripper whe they take it off ?? just so worried this is going to hamper my ability to continue, after taking off the DTR where the gripper grips the skin is compresses a thin vein which has a bit of a hard knot in it now whe i take it off, it does go away after a day or so but would be helpful if anyone else has experienced this problem many thanks[/quote]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DTR three.jpg (93.0 KB, 108 views)
Old April 18th, 2013

This thread is HIGHLY recommended. Reading the first couple of pages is what convinced me to start restoring.

I was on the fence, unsure if I wanted to restore or just cover my glans and wait for some indeterminate time in the future when regenerative medicine can help us all.

I still hold hope for regenerative medicine to restore the structures and nerves that were lost for all of us. However, in the meantime I will stretch out the remaining part of my foreskin to get back as much of the function of the foreskin as is possible for me.

Thank you all for your posts, in particular post number 9 by Chipperman really motivated me. Really, thanks to all of you brave enough to share your stories with the rest of us and post pictures to show us your progress and what is possible!

I'll document my progress and perhaps I'll post my progress and finally my success when I achieve it. Is there any advice you all have on what all I should document?