Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > General Intactivism Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 9th, 2010
Administrator

Default Re: Price of a circumcision procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Barbecue View Post
I read somewhere (can't remember where, sorry) that they don't really need foreskins in order to make things like skin grafts anymore. Do you have any supporting evidence for the claim that doctors tend to make a lot of money selling them? What proportion of doctors/hospitals just throw them away?
Some foreskin-derived products come from cell cultures obtained from a single genetic sample. But the company that made the product used thousands of foreskins while still experimenting and probably continues to use foreskins to pursue product improvements.

There is evidence that the trade in foreskins continues. I don't think it is a very high proportion of the 1.2 million foreskins forcibly amputated every year in the US.
Old April 9th, 2010

They prefer to use baby foreskins because it's cheaper and easier. The big drug companies like Novartis know all about "cheaper and easier" because it translates into big profits more easily.
Old April 13th, 2010

According to the Medicare Physician fee schedule, the doctor gets about $200 for an infant. He may get more for the administering of dorsal ring block (local painkiller)if used.

The hospital also gets a facility fee, how much that is i'm not sure, but it can be 3-4x the doctor's fee.

{mod: The maternal hospital stay is on average 0.25 days longer when the baby is circumcised since they won't discharge until both partients are stable. That's probably $600 worth of lodging they probably would not have sold without the forced amputation.}
Old April 13th, 2010

You can search online and find the websites which sell the neonatal tissue. They are current, and prices vary depending on the amount of melanin in the tissue and other factors... with the foreskin tissue of black/brown babies going for higher prices for some reason.

Cross reference: push in African for widespread, neonatal circumcision to "prevent" AIDS.

Here is a link to Biocompare, who is selling "Human Neonatal Foreskin from American Type Culture Collection".

Translation: Good, clean American baby cocks.

http://www.biocompare.com/ProductDet...-Foreskin.html

They won't quote you a price unless you sign up an account with them. That usually means "expensive".

I wonder if I can sue for the money they made off skinning my cock?

Probably not.
Old April 13th, 2010

It's $409 per 1ml vial in case your wondering
Old January 30th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

I'd be weary of Dr. Pollock's site though; he pushes the same outdated crap to sell his business.
Organisations such as Trading Standards or their equivalents cover sales of goods or services on the internet too, so contact them (with references to research) when you read crap like that.
Old March 16th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Barbecue View Post
"I understand that I am making consent by proxy for my infant for a non therapeutic procedure."

The last line is really amazing to me. Proxy consent for a non therapeutic procedure? Is it even legal to do that or is it still legal if it ostensibly confers a marginal prophylactic benefit?
No, it's not legal to do that. Physicians cannot operate without consent; otherwise they commit a battery. U.S. law is clear that parents can only consent to medical treatment. They cannot consent to unnecessary surgery, meaning their consent is invalid. As the Royal Dutch Medical Association wrote in a policy statement, the rule (for physicians and parents) is, do not operate on healthy children.

Moreover, when parents consent to medical treatment, they must act in the best interest of their children, and choose for their children what they would choose for themselves if able to make the decision themselves. Meaning that the argument that parents can circumcise for religious, cultural, or personal reasons is B.S. Parents' religious, cultural or personal beliefs cannot be taken into account.

As to what men would choose for themselves, there is no need to guess. Intact men say no to circumcision.
Old June 13th, 2012

I think the doctor did mine for free. My parents still have the bill in my baby album and there are prices for lots of things but not circumcision and I know mine was done in the hospital.
Old November 1st, 2012

i hope someday theyre able to use those foreskins to regenerate my... foreskin.