Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 25th, 2012

Default Give it a rest?

Have many of you guys given your penis/skin a day of rest without stretching? My skin's not hurting, it just feels tired. I'd like to hear what some people think about giving it a rest every few days. On the one hand, I want to get finished with this project as quickly as I can. So I feel like any day that I'm not stretching is another day I'll have to wait. On the other hand, I want to grow quality skin, and I wonder if taking a break every few days will help in that regard.
Old March 25th, 2012

Default Re: Give it a rest?

I don't like loosing a day either. This past week i lost two days of restoring. Life got busy and i never had time to put my DTR on. I was kind of bummed.

But it think it is good to give the skin a rest, perhaps routinely once per week. I kind of look at it like exercising. When you work a muscle group (i know the penis is not a muscle) one day you want ot give it a rest, maybe skip a day and then resume your exercise routine.

My goal is to restore everyday, but i know my schedule means i will miss a day or two per week and that is ok with me.
Old March 25th, 2012

I take a break about once a week. I think it is a good way to allow your skin to reset and increases growth. It might have to do with the fact I use a lot of tension when I tug, but the breaks really seem to make a difference for me. Again do what is comfortable for you.
Old March 25th, 2012

I give it a rest if my skin feels tired. The way I look at it, you'll make up for time down in the following days of a rest with longer, quality tugging time.

With my hectic schedule, my goal is to tug at least an average of 7 hours a day per week. There are days that I tug 11 hours and other days I can only tug 2 hours. So far, I'm meeting my goal of 49 hours per week of quality tugging. The goal maybe not set as high as others, but at least gives me some challenge and the reward of reaching a set goal based on a weekly average and not a daily one. . . cheers.
Old March 25th, 2012

I think its good to rest a bit. Unfortunately, my resting periods tend to be like 2-4 week periods depending on whats going on. I don't think a day or two will slow your progress.
Old March 25th, 2012

I was thinking the same thing. I have take very few days off since I started 8 months ago. I started today taking Sundays off. I will do this unless I find that is not helping. I have had good success with what I've done. So I hate to change but I fell it will help. I have seen where other restorers have said that they feel it speeds things up. Does not hurt to try new things now and then.
Old March 29th, 2012
Administrator

I think that rest days are fine. I am making the best progress of my career, with only 3-6 hrs a day, 4 days a week. I have seen no compelling data or reports that make me think that more is needed or better, or will give better progress.

Somewhat related, I find that some days, my skin feels like "it has had enough", sort of like if you hold a stretch longer than normal, or stretch more vigorously than usual. When that happens, I stop tension for that day. Typically this happens around the 4-5 hour mark.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"

Last edited by greg_b; April 8th, 2012 at 09:08.
Old April 8th, 2012

ya I take 2 days off (weekend) and am very happy with my progress.

I find it much easier to stick to a routine if you have some off days, skin can heal then, not to mention it helps keep my mind on other things.