Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Grief
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Grief Realizing you've lost a perfectly evolved healthy normal body part (or even a diseased one) can hit you pretty hard. We're here to help.

Old April 14th, 2012

Default Euthanasia

Anyone else considering throwing in their chips over this?

Check out this method:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthana...hanasia_device

Its cheap, painless, and reliable. It's perfect.

This is for a mature, rational discussion of euthanasia. No pity needed. No immature shit.
Old April 14th, 2012
Administrator

Default Re: Euthanasia

Assuming I saw no reason to keep living...

I think I'd go for inhaled nitrogen, billed as painless. It seems to present no threat to innocent bystanders. As opposed to helium, nitrogen is plentiful.

I think I'd also want to take a strong dose of a narcotic. I haven't studied how I'd choose one.

My great aunt in Michigan just died today after being unconscious since a massive stroke a few days ago. She was "allowed" to die at 93 as she had a living will that elected no heroic efforts to keep her alive in such an event. I would call THAT euthanisia. The deliberate inhaling of nitrogen I would call suicide.

-Ron
Old April 14th, 2012
Administrator

On the topic of euthanasia, I think it's important to talk to loved ones who might be given decision-making power to let someone die. My own thought is if I was vegatative, give me joy juice of some sort until you can put as many parts of my body to use as possible.

If my loved ones insist on keeping me alive because they don't want to say goodbye, I guess I could forgive that only if they were certain I was not suffering.

As for suicide, it is possible that such a choice would affect the usefulness of my parts. I'd hate to go to waste if I could help someone.
Old April 15th, 2012

If I was going to kill myself, I'd probably just take a sharp kitchen knife and plunge it into my solar plexus, think Japanese seppuku.

But the euthanasia kit with noxious gas looks like it would be an easier and painless.

I should also point out that suicide should be the last resort. If you can help yourself while staying alive--do it.
Old April 25th, 2012

Have I considered throwing in the towel over circumcision? No. But I have wrestled with suicidal depression several times, and circumcision does contribute to depression.

I'd worry about the poor bastard that would have to find my body. I wouldn't want to leave a big bloody mess, or even a little one, to emotionally scar someone. I'd rather off myself in the middle of the ocean or something... sharks could take care of the rest.

As for actually going through with it, I'll say from personal experience (and that of friends) that I'm always glad when I decide to live. Usually the cycle goes like this:
get suicidally depressed
consider killing myself
get medication/help
feel better
marvel at how many great experiences I'd have missed out on if I'd followed my poor judgment when I was depressed

Maybe one of these days I'll learn to stay on the meds. Not a big fan of the side effects though.
Old April 26th, 2012

Don't you mean suicide rather than euthanasia? My preferred method would be shotgun. I tried overdosing years ago and just woke up in a mess of black puke. So if I was really determined now, I would want something lethal and fast. The downside is you leave a real mess to clean up and not a pretty corpse for people to deal with. I'd probably do it out in the forest somewhere. I wouldn't kill myself because I am circumcised, but it certainly doesn't help things.

Here is a very well done film on euthanasia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slZnfC-V1SY
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Did our Mincan take his life?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Interesting topic.....
Thanks to the wonders of modern medicine we now find instead of dying from normal causes, we can now extend prolong life so one can really suffer and die from other conditions.

Please visit your oldies in nursing homes and just see what the hell really goes on.

I'm sure some sadly are kept only alive and in pain for the "amusement" of relatives while our pets dogs and cats get to die in dignity!

The humanity of the whole situation is absurd & modern medicine has both good and bad points.

I've witnessed if you can't get appropriate palliative care when you need it (not all do) so yes this debate will go on till we get smarter.