Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > Calls to Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calls to Action Bail someone out, sign a petition, write a legislator, phone a DJ, etc. Use FORUM TOOLS to Subscribe and get e-mail alerts when new items are posted.

Old April 14th, 2012

Default Re: 2012-04-12 LoveLine - Dr. Drew Pinksy at it again

Dr. Drew is a joke. Some of us know enough to know the sort of idiocy that pours from his mouth. However, others may be more impressionable (especially young people). I have read excerpts of him talking about circumcision before. One occurred when Dane Cook was on Loveline and Dr. Drew asked him about the "problems" that can arise with being intact. As an influential American "doctor" with a large media presence, Drew should be giving much better information regarding this issue. He's just a shill, spewing misinformation for profit and entertainment.
Old April 15th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibunk View Post
One occurred when Dane Cook was on Loveline and Dr. Drew asked him about the "problems" that can arise with being intact. .

If you listen to that segment you'll notice what he's doing is pulling that old mentalist trick of fishing for an association that confirms a bias . "Have you ever had problems? So you know there's problems you can get, right". He didn't get a hit, so he quietly leaves the subject alone. But if he had gotten a hit, he would have been ALL OVER how dangerous a foreskin is and using it to push circ. He uses that tactic ALL THE TIME to make himself come off omniscient to the naive callers.
Old July 9th, 2012

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...pharma/259473/

Corporate shill. Everything Dr. Drew says is suspect. Sadly, I believe that his profit motive and penchant for cronyism at the expense of any individual's well being are representative of the medical community as a whole. Circumcision is a billiion dollar plus industry just like anti-depressants. Pinsky is one of the smiling faces on the front line selling this bullshit.
Old July 26th, 2012

The handful of times I've passed through his show, I just thought "Douchebag!" and pushed channel up to cleanse my mind by finding Jerry Springer.

Dan Savage is so much more honest.