Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Welcome / Orientation Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome / Orientation Center Need help getting started? Post a question here even if you're just visiting. No links, no pics. REVIEW OUR GLOSSARY.

Old April 15th, 2012

Default My Introduction

Greetings all.

Well, I've been lurking around and reading posts for some time, and just decided I would finally register and say hello and thank you all for the wealth of information contained here.

I am no stranger to restoration. I am 27 now, but started researching at around 14/15 to see if there was any way to get back my foreskin, you can imagine how thrilled I was to find out there were non surgical ways to do so.

Back then I could not buy restoration gear, so I started out by cross taping, using band-aids, don't laugh, it's what I had at the time, and It worked well enough to get some slack and ease the super tight erection problem I was having.

I slacked off on my restoration efforts for a few years, life just was too busy and like I said it was hard to get gear when I was living at home. I did do some manual off and on...

Over the last year I really got serious, and have been using t-tape and have made some decent progress such that I have visible bunching of the skin, and actually some coverage when sitting down and super flaccid. I still have a long way to go, but the progress thus far is encouraging.

I did just recently purchase a DTR and have been using it for a couple of hours per day. I will probably post elsewhere with some comments/questions/concerns about that... I am considering getting a TLC as well because I feel it would be safer to use that at night, if nothing else I could just use the YSC to retain at night.

Anyhow, I learned about circumcision at a young age due to an intact cousin a year younger than me spending time at our house. Being that we were 6 and 5 at the time we did bath time together, and that is how I realized I was not like he was. I didn't understand at the time, and my question about it was completely dodged by our parents, being that I was 6 I just shrugged it off and went on with life, still with the question floating around in the back of my mind.

Years later when I was 10, some friends and I were being curious and looking through some old childcraft encyclopedias we had, and there was an illustration of and intact guy and a cut guy... There came that age old question back to my mind and I called my dad in to inquire about the difference... That's when I learned that they had allowed a doctor to remove part of my penis when I was just a baby, because they were told it was cleaner and would help to prevent diseases later in life!!?? and I suspect more so because it was the norm in the 80's to do so. At 10 I was still not at a level of completely understanding, but I was upset about it, I felt like I was missing out I liked the natural look better and was not given a choice. I just didn't convey those emotions openly. I couldn't, I did not have that kind of open relationship with my parents (about sexual topics). Most questions of that sort were dodged and not talked about at all... The only reason I got an answer that time was I pretty much cornered my dad with it. Lets just say I took notes on what will be different when I am a parent.

in closing, I don't harbor hatred towards my parents, they really were doing what they felt was in my best interest. Wrong as it was, they didn't do it with the intention of harming me, and were following what they thought was sound medical advice. If anything I'm more angry at the medical un-"professionals" who do this to people.

Feelings of hate and resentment wont help, only education, teaching people to think for themselves and not mindlessly follow doctors orders... that will help many more in the long run... did their decision hurt me, oh yes, and in more ways than I care to share, but I still feel the same way. I just hope some day I can find a way to sit down and share these things with them. I'm sure it'll come up when I have a son and don't allow him to be cut, yeah that'll be a conversation piece for sure.

I hope I haven't bored you all too much. Thank you for reading, thanks for all the great information there is here.

-Allan-
Old April 15th, 2012
Veteran Restorer Back to Finish the Job!

Default Re: My Introduction

Thanks for posting such a thoughtful and wise introduction! Glad you finally joined our community! Welcome aboard!
Old April 15th, 2012

Thanks for sharing. The topic of do we (or did we) confront our parents or not, if so why or why not is interesting. You obviously have much younger parents than I did, and yet it seems the parents of the 80's might be just like the parents of the 60's and 70's. Discussing circumcision, sex, being gay, etc. is very hard for most kids except for the few that have those parents that are open and approachable. Whether parents are of the June and Ward Cleaver type or Grateful Dead pot-smoking hippies; a boys natural body should be of utmost concern, so if they need to hear that you think they made a huge mistake do it. Who knows, one of the parents may be able to pass on their remorse to others and that is how changes are made.

All of my male friends have either expressed remorse that this was done to them or don't want to discuss it. I think that means men feel anywhere from not understanding and caring to hating what was done without their consent. The questions begs why is this still being done!!!
Old April 15th, 2012

Hello Allan, and welcome. You are right to keep from anger toward your parents. Parents only want the best for their children, and it is not their fault for listening to doctors who also were mislead during their medical training. Your parents my not wish to discuss circumcision with you, because they feel guilty of having been lead so far astray. If you have a chance to discuss restoration without making them feel more guilty, you will have an excellent opportunity to improve your relationship, especially with your father. Not waisting time in anger and feeling sorry for yourself will also make it much easier to keep motivated for restoration. We will be interested in following your journey, and in sharing your moments of stepwise successes.
Best regards,
Alfred.