Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > Press Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Press Room One article per thread, please. Published, broadcast, or governmental/agency sources.

Old April 29th, 2012
Administrator

Default 2012-04-27 Mama Gretchen - The circumcision decision: keeping our son intact

http://www.thatmamagretchen.com/2012...g-our-son.html
Old April 29th, 2012

Default Re: 2012-04-27 Mama Gretchen - The circumcision decision: keeping our son intact

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
That was a strong video, although her idea of wanting to protect boys more than girls may not go down too well in today's society. Both my parents failed to protect me as a baby, but it's my mission to discuss this with them both, and some day gain closure. Until they can admit such a thing, I will always be traumatized about what happened to me, as it feels they are still not protecting me as a baby (if that makes sense). Like Gloria Lemay said: Babies are delicate, and most mothers will just want to wrap them up in soft toweling, tickle their cheeks, kiss their heads and smile sweetly at them while making funny noises. For many babies, what came next was the polar opposite to the care they'd received until then. I shudder and shiver every single time I imagine this procedure being carried out, and it pains me to know there are (sadistic?) doctors out there still legally doing this. (What kind of person decides to do this for a living?) Some circumcision centers give discounts if there is more than one to be mutilated: just like BOGOF offers at the food store.
Old April 30th, 2012

Default Re: 2012-04-27 Mama Gretchen - The circumcision decision: keeping our son intact

Nice article. Shame that there are some women in the comments who are still under the illusion that that removing a functional part of their sons' sexual organs is somehow their choice, but at least they're relatively civil about it.