Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Welcome / Orientation Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome / Orientation Center Need help getting started? Post a question here even if you're just visiting. No links, no pics. REVIEW OUR GLOSSARY.

Old June 9th, 2012
Unregistered

Default my son was born with half foreskin

My son was born partially circumcised. He has an over abundance of foreskin on the top of his penis and almost no foreskin on the bottom. The skin sort of tappers off as it goes around to the underneath of his penis. I am very concerned he will be made fun of or he will personally be unhappy as an adult. He does not look circumcised nor does he look uncircumcised. The only option I have been presented with is to have surgery and have a modified circumcision, as I have been told the foreskin that's missing will not grow back. Is there anything I can do for my son other then surgery to give him a "normal looking" penis without having surgery? Would this device the TLC tugger work on someone like my son?
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012

Default Re: my son was born with half foreskin

I'm no medical professional, but I would say leave it alone unless it presents serious long-term functional problems, such as interfering with urination. Social conformity is a weak justification for genital amputation on a child- I know you only have the best intentions for him in mind, but frankly, your son is his own person and is going to be different from everybody else no matter what you do. If other kids don't make fun of him for genitals(which I doubt they would anyway), they'll find something else to pick at. That's just what kids do; they're ruthless.

How old is your son, if you don't mind me asking? If he's an infant or a toddler, something like the TLC Tugger is completely out of the question. However, one possible course of action for you and your son is to wait it out until he hits his early teens and becomes sexually aware, and then ask him if he has any problems with his penis. If it turns out the lack of skin on his ventral side is a problem to him ask him if he'd like to try out a device to even out the skin.

That's my 2 cents, anyway, but I'm sure there are other guys here with more experience who could give you more help than I can.
Old June 9th, 2012

My advice--leave it for now. When you feel the time is right, tell him that it's unusual and that later on he might want to have you investigate a fix (with someone who is concerned with the correction, and not just cutting it off regardless).
I suggest until school showers age, he need not be concerned about it.
Good luck.
Old June 9th, 2012
Administrator

If the kid becomes concerned about it as he grows older, you can tell him it's possible to expand the skin using manual tugging in that one particular area. Otherwise if there's no problem, don't worry about it. Forget about the doctor's suggestion of a modified circumcision - it's still unnecessary surgery, and your son would do just fine without it.
Old June 10th, 2012

Cool Re: my son was born with half foreskin

I and a lot of other intactivist will tell you, circumcision is not always such a bad thing. But doing preforming it upon some with out their consent is horrible. "Normal" looking is a state of opinion and something that someone should decide for themselves. Keep the knife away from you son and when he's old enough to chose for himself he can make his own decision whether to be cut or not.

Also remember that different from adult circumcision, infant and child circumcision can be damaging in a number of ways because the penis and foreskin are still undeveloped. At birth foreskin is attached to the head of the penis until they naturally separate at the age of 3 or 4 (sometimes much later or sooner *note: this is different then phimosis*) Circumcision at so young an age tears the skin from the head of the penis damaging it and some unfortunate cases cases permanent scarring. Adult circumcision is far less risky and "damaging" and most importantly can be preformed with consent.

Another thing to remember is that there are multiple styles and variations of circumcision. Even if your child grows up and favors the cut look, if u cut him now it might not be the way he would want it. And if your child grows to be an intact fan then there are many restoration methods like others in this thread have mentioned. Also who's to say he wont grow loving his body just they way it is and decide that he needs no cosmetic alteration to accept the way he looks

A lot of docs are quacks; they get more money if they preform the circumcision that's why they support it

His body; his choice
Old June 10th, 2012

A section of this website is dedicated to intact foreskin lengthening.

http://foreskin-restoration.net/foru...splay.php?f=68

I would leave it alone. When he is in his teen years he may work it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son was born partially circumcised. He has an over abundance of foreskin on the top of his penis and almost no foreskin on the bottom. The skin sort of tappers off as it goes around to the underneath of his penis. I am very concerned he will be made fun of or he will personally be unhappy as an adult. He does not look circumcised nor does he look uncircumcised. The only option I have been presented with is to have surgery and have a modified circumcision, as I have been told the foreskin that's missing will not grow back. Is there anything I can do for my son other then surgery to give him a "normal looking" penis without having surgery? Would this device the TLC tugger work on someone like my son?
Old June 10th, 2012

It sounds as if it is very similar to the hood that can, though not always, accompany hypospadias. One assume the meatus is at the tip of the glans in which case it may be best left until he perhaps wants to even thing up by selective tugging when he is old enough.

John

NB Is there a frenulum present?
Old June 10th, 2012

Surgery by a "doctor" or anyone else, unless "medically" necessary should be illegal. You could eventually be sued by your son for removing part of him without his consent.

<the main question>
Do you want your own son to hate you?
</the main question>
Old June 10th, 2012

It's not a defect, it's how nature made him, so let him be. Who knows, if you were left intact, maybe you'd look the same. It's his choice to make, if you're father-enough to let him make it.

@SemiSouthernMan
Old June 10th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.f. View Post
You surely mean born with a short foreskin. Or did he actually undergo the surgical procedure of circumcision before birth?
He's had no surgical procedure... he was born with the bottom portion of his foreskin missing.