Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > Calls to Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calls to Action Bail someone out, sign a petition, write a legislator, phone a DJ, etc. Use FORUM TOOLS to Subscribe and get e-mail alerts when new items are posted.

Old April 26th, 2012
Administrator

Default 2012-06-28 Rotterdam - Dutch Symposium: "The Doctor and the Foreskin"

I just stumbled upon this conference in the Netherlands on the doctor and the foreskin. It takes place in June 2012.

-George H.

http://knmg.artsennet.nl/Agenda/Agen...e-foreskin.htm
Old May 4th, 2012

Default Re: 2012-06-28 Rotterdam - Dutch Symposium: "The Doctor and the Foreskin"

I'd love to go to this, if I could guarantee a microphone hearing.

This--"On the other hand though, there are currently large scale campaigns going on throughout Africa promoting circumcision as a possible means of preventing HIV-infections."

Anyone know the source of this suggestion? What is the mechanism by which incidence of infection is reduced if there is no foreskin? What is the proposed increased danger of infection with the presence of a foreskin?
Old May 4th, 2012

Default Re: 2012-06-28 Rotterdam - Dutch Symposium: "The Doctor and the Foreskin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalled Observer View Post
I'd love to go to this, if I could guarantee a microphone hearing.

This--"On the other hand though, there are currently large scale campaigns going on throughout Africa promoting circumcision as a possible means of preventing HIV-infections."

Anyone know the source of this suggestion? What is the mechanism by which incidence of infection is reduced if there is no foreskin? What is the proposed increased danger of infection with the presence of a foreskin?
i would like to go as well but i live in the US.

the African studies tried to use the mechanism. ie that the langerhan cells are more receptive to the HIV virus. that might be true but only because the HIV virus attacks immune cells. and langerhan cells are in high concentration in the foreskin. so by removing the langerhan cells it makes it slightly harder for the virus to enter the body. combined with the fact that when exposed the glans starts to keratinize and thicken. but as these might be slightly true a condom does a much better job. also these mechanisms dont help women. these mechanisms do nothing directly against the virus.
Old May 4th, 2012

Thanks. If that's the reasoning in a nutshell then it's as I thought--pathetic bullshit by vested interests. All goes in the "it's beneficial" dossier.