Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > General Restoration Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th, 2012

Default Urethral expansion- restoring to it's original state

Not too long ago, I came across a page on anti-circumcision site detailing how many men see narrowed urethral openings due to circumcision, and I'm one of them. I've been bothered for awhile over the extra time I have to spend dribbling urine out after I use the bathroom and often have to resort to toilet paper to fully clean up. I have the page saved somewhere, but beyond that, the vast majority of search results I get for this aren't very concrete and deal with treatments for more extreme cases of urethral narrowing, or in the case of this page, refer to what appears to make it even worse.

What can be done? Is anyone familiar with this? The page did detail procedures on how this can be easily alleviated, but I really don't know where it is now.
Old June 14th, 2012
Administrator

Default Re: Urethral expansion- restoring to it's original state

Unless it's severe enough to make urination difficult, the easiest thing might just be to live with it. I'd imagine any solution would necessarily involve surgery, and I would be a bit skeptical of a single website that says it's easily alleviated. For better advice though, you may want to consult a urologist or see if you can ask any patients who have had the operation.
Old June 14th, 2012

Surprisingly, re-opening the urethra to its original state is exactly why sounding was developed. It originated in Victorian England as a way to stretch scar tissue that resulted from venereal disease. Short of surgery, they are probably the best option, they work. However, be very very careful and sterilize, sterilize, sterilize everything; use latex gloves and surgi-lube; go slowly and don't go too deep, if the restriction is close to the tip no need to go deep; make sure any sound you use is surgical grade stainless steel.
Old June 14th, 2012

Actually, the page I came across I don't think ever detailed methods- this was the page, at the very bottom.

Still, what sort of safe, simple surgical procedures are there? I live in the Worcester area in Mass- would anyone know of urologists in the region who are familiar with this?
Old June 14th, 2012

Any surgical procedure has its own set of issues and complications. After circumcision, I don't know I'd ever let a doctor near my penis with a sharp instrument ever again. If sounding doesn't sound like it's something you'd be interested in trying, find an intact friendly doctor. The following link has some good resources: http://www.thewholenetwork.org/intac...y-doctors.html
Old June 14th, 2012

Thanks, there's 2 doctors on there pretty close to me.
Old June 16th, 2012
To Build a Mountain Takes a Long Long Time

I'm not sure, I hear sounding works to this end (just like gauging an ear, or maybe even like FR).

Are you talking about general narrowness or actual diagnosis of meatal stenosis?
Old June 17th, 2012

Actual narrowing of the meatal opening to that of an intact condition, of course.
Old September 29th, 2012

I called up a doctor on that intact friendly doctor list, but it's been several days now (I told his receptionist to get back to me) and that list really isn't that helpful- most of the doctors seem to be pediatricians and are only included if they're "intact friendly", not at all on the basis of their expertise or anything else.

My problems with my urethra opening are ultimately tolerable, but I'd really like to have them alleviated, and I've become more aware of the problems it causes ever since I read about this whole thing. I've always found myself to kind of have to force urine through my head due to how narrow the opening it is, and I've really noticed just how much urine doesn't fully pass through. Urine always gets stuck up behind the opening, so now I get toilet paper to soak up beads of it or else it'll trickle out in my boxers. I also remember how when I was younger- I haven't experienced this in a number of years- I'd never be able to expel all the urine I needed, so I'd get kept up at night having to constantly go to the bathroom and shake out bits of urine. I can also imagine ejaculation as being easier with a wider opening.

Sounding seems to be the best option, but I really don't know where to look, or preferably find one that's intact friendly or atleast one recommended by an intact friendly doctor. I don't exactly know what sounding would entail either other than it being widened by an expansion tool. I don't know why the wiki page on meatal stenosis refers to such bizarre, extreme practices like splitting the entire head, which could cause complications like forcing someone to sit down while urinating.
Old September 29th, 2012
Administrator

Any urologist should have sounds and be familiar with thier use. When I had prostate surgery, the doctor used sounds on me to keep the urethra wide open as it healed. Seemed to be a standard procedure, he had them ready and waiting, acted as if it was routine.

The proceudre was to first fill my urethra with sterile, gel like, anesthetic and clamp the opening shut. Then I waited for 10 minutes or so. He came back, removed the clamp, and slipped the sound inside. Gave me a short term dose of antibiotic, just to be safe. Sometimes there was a spot or two of blood in my first few urinating episodes.

If you want to do it yourself, sounds are easy to find on-line. And many pages with advice for their use, but for sexual play, not treatment. Look up urehtra play or sounds.

Regards

"The foreskin isn't the wrapper...it's the candy!"