Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > GUEST SERVICES > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion Box Members, please help us make the forums better

Old November 26th, 2009
Mighty Fine Member! Once called a tripod...

Default Save the information!

I've noticed when searching through the forums that a number of sites of disappeared altogether, ex. Geocities closed earlier this year.

Many of those site had information that wasn't found other places in the forum, or other reliable sources. A bit out of the 'scope' but do-able would be to I guess ether set up a wiki or start flagging dead links to the missing information. So that way the lost information can be recreated and saved.

I don't know how Ron feels about adding the extra server load, but a thought.
Old November 26th, 2009
Administrator

Default Re: Save the information!

I guess I can't argue. The forum software has limits on the sizes of posts and attachments. If anybody bumps into a wall with those let me know and I'll figure out how to adjust them.

So if I get you, the strategy would be - for anything looks like it might not live forever online, instead of just linking to it, copy the relevant parts into the posting.
Old November 26th, 2009
Mighty Fine Member! Once called a tripod...

Default Re: Save the information!

Basically I was searching the forums and was running in to the '404' walls with link pointing outside the forum with post even less then a year old. I just don't want to infringe on anyone's Intellectual Property. Also it seems that this site has the critical mass to keep going, so the information will be around longer. So in a year from now we are not all going wasn't there a site about (xyz).
Old November 27th, 2009
Wholesome seeker

Unhappy Re: Save the information!

The Wayback Machine archives the Internet. Depending on the site, not everything will be archived. For example, the Wayback Machine has some of the old ForeskinRestorationChat.info site, but it is far from complete. Parts of QBMan's site are on the Wayback Machine. Fortunately, QBMan moved most of his original content to RestoringForeskin.org

I have tried to contact some of the creators of the older sites, but I have generally been unsuccessful. I would mirror or host some of the old sites if I had permission.

See my other profile at RestoringForeskin.org and my blog at RestoringTally and my Facebook page and Celebrating Foreskin Tumblr.