Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > Health Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Club Non-restoring topics including Mens Health and Mental Health

Old March 22nd, 2010

Default Meatus / Urethra irritated by switch to bi-directional device?

There are several factors here, so read everything before drawing a conclusion.

1. I noticed a day or two ago that urinating was normal until the very very end. When the flow comes to a stop, I get a burning sensation that remains so for several minutes after urination. KEEP READING.

2. It happens sometimes, not always.

3. Today, it happened again, and I noticed when I grabbed my penis near the tip and squeezed the urethra, it was painful. So I carefully pulled myself open a little and noticed a buildup of tiny white ball-shaped things. When I squeezed the kegel muscles, a LOT of it pushed out. When I wiped it away, it didn't retain the ball shapes and became liquidish.

4. Now, I immediately thought Gonorrhea. Curiously, though, this is not an ongoing issue, and I have had no kind of sexual contact whatsoever for almost 8 months. Doing some research, I found that Urethral Stricture best fit the description of my symptoms. Here's the catch.

5. About 2 weeks ago I switched from using the TLC Tugger to using the TLC-X. In the wiki about Urethal Strictures, it mentions a buildup of something can be caused by damage to the urethra.

Ultimately, I am going to see the doctor to get tested for Gonorrhea ASAP. But I want to know if ANYONE ELSE has had this issue when using the TLC-X? If not, then I must have contracted this months and months and months ago and had nothing noticable until now, which is possible x.X
Old March 22nd, 2010

Default Re: Health Question, NEED REPLY.

I don't see how the tlc-x could cause that type of phenomenon. Go to the doctor immediately and have yourself tested for STDs. This is very much out of the range of "normal". That's the only advice I can give you. I have never heard of such a thing.
Old March 22nd, 2010

I doubt its from tugging, maybe a UTI (urinary tract infection)
Old March 22nd, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra View Post
I don't see how the tlc-x could cause that type of phenomenon. Go to the doctor immediately and have yourself tested for STDs. This is very much out of the range of "normal". That's the only advice I can give you. I have never heard of such a thing.
Just went to the doctor and got some interesting insight.

He says it's most likely not an STD since there has been no intercourse for such a long period of time and I have never had these symptoms before. Since it is so recent, he expects it's caused by the tlc-x for 2 reasons.

1. Since the urethra is covered by the device, or due to the fact that the penis is being covered when it isn't used to such, oxygen is trapped inside and creates a perfect haven for pre-existing bacteria everyone has all over their bodies inside and out to grow.

2. Most likely this is aggravated by forgetting to clean the device for a day.

He also said it's likely that I have a bladder infection, and it's common among everyone.

The advice he gave is to stop using the device at least until Friday to see what happens. Keep my normal regimen of showering and keeping clean.. if the problem worsens, call immediately. He ordered I get a urine test done, which I am going to go do in a moment. Once everything has been cleared up, just make sure I keep the device very very clean when I use it, wash it before and after use.
Old March 22nd, 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
Just went to the doctor and got some interesting insight.

He says it's most likely not an STD since there has been no intercourse for such a long period of time and I have never had these symptoms before. Since it is so recent, he expects it's caused by the tlc-x for 2 reasons.

1. Since the urethra is covered by the device, or due to the fact that the penis is being covered when it isn't used to such, oxygen is trapped inside and creates a perfect haven for pre-existing bacteria everyone has all over their bodies inside and out to grow.

2. Most likely this is aggravated by forgetting to clean the device for a day.

He also said it's likely that I have a bladder infection, and it's common among everyone.

The advice he gave is to stop using the device at least until Friday to see what happens. Keep my normal regimen of showering and keeping clean.. if the problem worsens, call immediately. He ordered I get a urine test done, which I am going to go do in a moment. Once everything has been cleared up, just make sure I keep the device very very clean when I use it, wash it before and after use.
Thanks for sharing your experience and the doctor's opinion. If you don't mind I'm going to "sticky" this thread and change the title to help others with similar symptoms find it.

This certainly points up how each of us must be attentive as you were adn take responsibility for anything that doesn't seem right. It also reminds us that methods that press against the meatus must be used judiciously, with attention to device cleanliness and with care not to bruise the delicate bits.
Old March 24th, 2010

Default Re: Meatus / Urethra irritated by switch to bi-directional device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
If you don't mind I'm going to "sticky" this thread and change the title
I don't mind in the slightest. Anything that keeps the community safe and informed is alright with me
Old March 27th, 2010

Default Re: Meatus / Urethra irritated by switch to bi-directional device?

I had a similar experience a year or so ago. Had what I thought was an STI (sexually transmitted infection) that turned out to be a UTI (urinary tract infection).
A course of doxycycline (antibiotic) was ordered after a urine sample, and fixed the problem up within a week or so.
Good luck... I know that "burning feeling" well and don't wish to get it again.
BTW, it would appear my UTI was also caused by not cleaning my devices properly too.

Cheers

Alex