Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > For Parents and Expecting Parents
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 31st, 2011

Default Expecting a boy? Circumcision Decision-Maker tool for parents.

Parents considering infant circumcision REALLY should check out Circumcision Decision-Maker website. It takes you through each of your reasons for wanting circumcision one at a time and then gives you some expert opinion. There are also great baby resources for parents from how to care and wash an intact penis to what happens during a circumcision.

Circumcision Decision-Maker is rated 4.8 out of 5.0 by readers like you, and has received the prestigious HONcode certification for health information on the Internet.
Old March 31st, 2011

Default Re: Expecting a boy? Circumcision Decision-Maker tool for parents.

Last time I checked though it still backed religious circumcision of minors.
Old October 21st, 2011

It does seem to wuss out on the religious issue. Other than that, it would work well for many of the simple-minded folks who don't do much in depth research; those who just want an interactive Q&A program to explain everything to them in simple terms.
Old October 23rd, 2011
We are finally Pregnant!..Hoping for a baby boy!

Awesome link. Thank you! I forwarded this link to a friend of mine who is 7 months pregnant. Hopefully it will help her make a more informed decision.

Colorado
Old November 1st, 2011

Seems like a good site on the whole, but as mentioned some of the religious bits might not fit with most intactivists points of view.

e.g. if you're an Orthodox Jew considering circumcising your son then the advice they give is: "Circumcision Recommended -
Circumcision is a strong part of the Orthodox and Conservative Jewish religion as well as Jewish identity and therefore is likely advisable for you."
Old November 1st, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken View Post
Seems like a good site on the whole, but as mentioned some of the religious bits might not fit with most intactivists points of view.

e.g. if you're an Orthodox Jew considering circumcising your son then the advice they give is: "Circumcision Recommended -
Circumcision is a strong part of the Orthodox and Conservative Jewish religion as well as Jewish identity and therefore is likely advisable for you."
I agree, but I think orthodox jews are a lost cause maybe, and for now it is much better to pretend to be "balanced" and target U.S. christians.
Old November 1st, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by intact View Post
I agree, but I think orthodox jews are a lost cause maybe, and for now it is much better to pretend to be "balanced" and target U.S. christians.
While I tend to agree, but in these sorts of forums I recall at least three Jewish men who hated being circumcised. Some even leave their religion because of this, which is desirable, but there are subsequent rifts in the family. We did not allow religious excuses for FGM. My question, which no one has been able to answer to my satisfaction is: Why should males born into a circumcising religion be exempt from the right to intact genitals?
Old November 2nd, 2011

Quote:
Why should males born into a circumcising religion be exempt from the right to intact genitals?
They shouldn't be. I understand what intact is saying below about Orthodox Jews as a whole being a difficult target to convert, and therefore it may be best to not try at this point in our movement...and yet I feel torn because of my strong belief that brutally chopping off parts of babies for cultural/religious purposes should never be allowed by society as a whole. If I had been mutilated for religion rather than so called medicine, I would be no more or less disturbed by it. As it is, my mutilation has gravely impacted my life. *SigH* I understand how something like this "Circumcision Decision Maker" panders to the myth that parent's should have a choice while encouraging the majority of people who use it to avoid circumcision, and that if anyone takes it seriously it might do more harm than good. However, I still feel disturbed by it. We here all know the reality is that parent's should never be allowed to circumcise their infant unless there is an immediate medical need. Also, it minimizes the reality of what routine infant circumcision is by recommending it for some people. If most people really understood the amount and quality of healthy erogenous tissue that is removed by this procedure, all but the most twisted or brainwashed would realize there should never be a choice.
Old November 3rd, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpink View Post
While I tend to agree, but in these sorts of forums I recall at least three Jewish men who hated being circumcised. Some even leave their religion because of this, which is desirable, but there are subsequent rifts in the family. We did not allow religious excuses for FGM. My question, which no one has been able to answer to my satisfaction is: Why should males born into a circumcising religion be exempt from the right to intact genitals?
The problem is that every news broadcast, article or radio show ends with
"and there is a slight chance of HIV and UTI bla bla"

When you preach your intactivism, you are not preaching to a healthy unbiased crowd, you are preaching to heavily mutilated and brainwashed people.

Still, I prefer telling the truth of how awful it is. Every site should have pictures and movies.
Old November 3rd, 2011
Restoring from Wisconsin

I agree with you WB. The basis is still that cosmetic surgery decisions for male children are the right of the parents to make. This defies reason.

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedBird View Post
They shouldn't be. I understand what intact is saying below about Orthodox Jews as a whole being a difficult target to convert, and therefore it may be best to not try at this point in our movement...and yet I feel torn because of my strong belief that brutally chopping off parts of babies for cultural/religious purposes should never be allowed by society as a whole. If I had been mutilated for religion rather than so called medicine, I would be no more or less disturbed by it. As it is, my mutilation has gravely impacted my life. *SigH* I understand how something like this "Circumcision Decision Maker" panders to the myth that parent's should have a choice while encouraging the majority of people who use it to avoid circumcision, and that if anyone takes it seriously it might do more harm than good. However, I still feel disturbed by it. We here all know the reality is that parent's should never be allowed to circumcise their infant unless there is an immediate medical need. Also, it minimizes the reality of what routine infant circumcision is by recommending it for some people. If most people really understood the amount and quality of healthy erogenous tissue that is removed by this procedure, all but the most twisted or brainwashed would realize there should never be a choice.