Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > FORESKIN RESTORATION > METHODS > - Bi-Directional Tensioning
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

- Bi-Directional Tensioning TLC-X, CAT II, DTR

Old April 20th, 2011

Default sebaceous glands on inner foreskin appearing?

Hi all,

Ok so I have been DTR-ing for a month now....
And sitting in the sunlight really carefully monitoring my skin I noticed something.

I use my DTR in a special way, even though I have a notched plate for my fren. I put it high on the glans so I have no problems with my fren.
The result was that after DTR-ing I always had a red area under the corona on my inner foreskin....It did not hurt and would always subside very quickly.

However I just found out that on the EXACT spot where my foreskin would always get red after DTR-ing (so not the area with the skin wrinkles which is more towards the bell) there are some tiny enlarged sebaceous glands and the skin feels rougher then the surrounding area (when carefully caressing with the fingertip). You cannot see t hem very well, however in good lighting I notice them. They aren't big, there aren't a lot but they are there on the EXACT spot that would get red, so I guess the friction can make them appear.
I will switch to using air tension because I cannot DTR without this friction on the skin....
However I would like to know if anyone knows about this issue....
Anyone else noticed something like this when really carefully looking at the skin in broad daylight? Or anyone heard about it?
Old April 20th, 2011

Default Re: sebaceous glands on inner foreskin appearing?

I'm not sure what you are describing. A picture might help?
Old April 20th, 2011

From what you are describing it sounds like the pusher is making contact with your inner skin in the sulcus. This happened to me too back when I used the DTR with pusher plate. It didn't hurt at first but after a few weeks of use it started to hurt to the point I had to force myself to continue using the DTR. The pusher plate is too big for your glans as it should make contact with the glans but not go over and make contact with your inner skin.

I suggest you contact Chuck to see if he can make you a properly sized pusher plate. If he can't or won't you can order a correct sized pusher and rods from Ron which can be used with the DTR. You can also get a deeper pusher from Ron as well which likely will enhance the comfort if you have enough skin to use with it. You just need to use 2 set screws and center the rod in the rod hole on the DTR. If it wasn't for me switching to Reverse Taping I would have had Ron make a rod or threading in the TLC-X pusher to fit the DTR body without the need of using a 2nd set screw.

I do not think inner skin/mucosa has sebaceous glands which produce skin oils in other skin on our body, but I could be wrong.
Old April 20th, 2011

Location: Detroit. Been to NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, & Ann Arbor, Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeman View Post
there are some tiny enlarged sebaceous glands and the skin feels rougher then the surrounding area (when carefully caressing with the fingertip). You cannot see t hem very well, however in good lighting I notice them. They aren't big, there aren't a lot but they are there on the EXACT spot that would get red, so I guess the friction can make them appear
Let me suggest this possibility:
It may be that you are discovering that you have pearly penile papules (PPP), a normal variant in human penile anatomy. Only 20% - 25% of males have PPPs. The presence of PPPs is sometimes masked by the heavy cornification of a circ'd penis. Then, when the man restores, he is alarmed when the PPPs become evident post-dekeratinization. Perhaps you are dekeratinizing first in the areas in contact with the DTR. PPPs sometimes cause disconsternation because they are often mistaken for genital warts.

If a man discovers he has PPPs, he should enjoy them. They are very sensitive. They are thought to be an evolutionary vestige of the sensitive flexible spines that encircle the penises of some of our primate cousins. There are cosmetic medical procedures offered to remove them, but these procedures are generally hairy-brained, and ill-advised - resulting in low patient satisfaction rates.

References with photos:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearly_penile_papules
http://www.the-penis.com/problems.html#2
(See section "B2 OTHER GENITAL CONDITIONS" on this long Penis Problem web page.)

Many photos of PPPs can be found by searching the key phrase "pearly penile papules" in Google Images.

David
World As Monkey Island
Old April 25th, 2011

Hi guys,

Well please know that I am a Phd in medicine so I know what I am talking about (I do not mean this in a pretentious way).

I know ppp, I have had them all my life....
PPP is on the rim of the glans....

However I am now talking about the inner-foreskin right under the glans that became red during DTR-ing.

Let me first comment on one of the remarks posted below, stating that "inner-foreskin has no sebaceous glands"
Ok this is absolutely false....Your WHOLE body is covered by sebaceous glands, also the shaft of the penis and the inner-foreskin AND the glans.
However, they are almost invisible to the naked eye.
Fordyce spots for example are enlarged glands mostly in combination with a tiny hair follicle.
We all have sebaceous glands, just not the visible fordyce spots.
How else do you think the skin becomes Keratinized if we don't have sebaceous glands? These glands create keratin due to keratinocyte cells....

Now concerning the inner-foreskin, it is also covered by sebaceous glands, but they are ectopic, as underneath the skin....You actually CAN see them due to the whitish yellowish discoloration when pulling the skin tight in the sunlight (however they are quite hard to see)
For example see chuck's picture here: http://www.foreskinrestore.com/effects.html

Check the 4th picture....the whitish spots you see there are not just a picture mistake or anything, these are clearly sebaceous glands and they are very normal.

However VERY VERY small ones became raised in my case, just like TINY patches on the area that became red....

I just wanted to know if anyone else (REALLY focussing on the skin from different angles when pulled tight) has seen anything like it....