Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > For Parents and Expecting Parents
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 1st, 2011
Senior Apparatchik

Default Pre-emptive rage/panic attack

I often read postings of men talking about mutilation rage. Many of them feel rage at their mutilators, at their parents, at society at large for letting this happen etc.

But I honestly have never found that my rage was directed at any of that, not in the form of violent fantasies at least.

My rage, when it occurs, is completely focused on the hypothetical situation of me having a son.

My last girlfriend was a rather impulsive person (i.e. she probably still is, but she's not my problem anymore). Not stupid at all, but most of the time she didn't think before acting. In my rage fantasies during the time I was with her, the scenario was almost invariably that we (for some weird reason) are in the United States (a country I will never actually visit voluntarily) and she gives birth in an American hospital. And, being the person she is in real life, I absolutely wouldn't put it past her to be talked into signing the form by some doctor.

My violent fantasies always include murdering my way through to the operating area, killing every single person there, grabbing my child, and going back to her room to shoot her in the face for being a stupid, mindless cow.

I should stress that these "pre-emptive" violent fantasies actually feel much more like a panic attack than like actual rage or violence. It's based on the (not entirely irrational) fear of not being able to communicate (especially to an oblivious woman) just HOW MUCH single-mindedly determined I am to keep my son intact and free from harm.

When e.g. a woman says that she prefers circumcised penises, that is much LESS of a problem for me than when a woman says that she "doesn't care either way", "it's not that big of a difference" or other thoughtless bullshit like that. The one who prefers circumcised penises I would never have babies with anyway, but the other ones need to see that this is very much a matter of life and death for them. Should the mother of my baby mindlessly sign that form, I might actually murder her.

Can anyone relate to this form of pre-emptive panic attack?
Old October 1st, 2011
Senior Apparatchik

Default Re: Pre-emptive rage/panic attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOZ6 View Post
I would stand in the way if necessary and if required, grab my son from the table and take him home or minimally out of the room and stay with him.
Of course I would also stay with him in real life, and like I said, I would never even voluntarily visit the United States, let alone live there.

My scenario focuses on the mother of my child and my panic feeling of not being able to communicate to a woman the sheer intensity of my feelings with regard to male genital mutilation. It's not nearly enough when a woman "agrees" with me. She herself must be ready to defend her son through physical violence, if necessary. In other words: She must be a proper mother. It's not good enough if she just say "ok, if you feel that strongly about it". She herself must feel that strongly about it.

So my scenario involves a situation where I for some weird, unspecified reason am in the United States, and my woman gives birth there, and for some other unspecified reason, I'm not able to be there the whole time, so that there is a time window where a doctor could quickly approach her and talk her into signing the form.

My panic is solely about the feeling of not being able to communicate to a woman the sheer horror of mutilation. (This is why I posted it in the For Parents and Expecting Parents subforum.)
Old October 1st, 2011

It may be possible in your country to obtain a legal injunction to stop the other partner initiating non-therapeutic circumcision of a minor. This may be a less violent but more expensive approach.
Old October 1st, 2011
Senior Apparatchik

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpink View Post
It may be possible in your country to obtain a legal injunction to stop the other partner initiating non-therapeutic circumcision of a minor. This may be a less violent but more expensive approach.
This isn't about legal steps or anything. It's about communication and panic attacks.
Old October 1st, 2011
Senior Apparatchik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOZ6 View Post
Exactly. Sort of a self induced panic of sorts right WOF?
I'm not sure about "self". In part, yes. But also triggered by typical women's apathy / unwillingness to confront complicated emotions.
Old October 2nd, 2011

I've many times fantasized about slaughtering circumcisers in a manner akin to Beatrix Kiddo's slaughter of the Crazy 88 at the House of Blue Leaves in Kill Bill Vol. 1.
Old October 3rd, 2011
Senior Apparatchik

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedBird View Post
I've many times fantasized about slaughtering circumcisers in a manner akin to Beatrix Kiddo's slaughter of the Crazy 88 at the House of Blue Leaves in Kill Bill Vol. 1.
Your circumcisers, the circumcisers of your son, or just any and all circumcisers?
Old October 3rd, 2011
Restoring Member

Been there, done it and acted it out like Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction, something very satisfying about the Samurai sword, especially when crossed with the light sabre.

You know what really gets these sad fucks ( and they are, pity them) I stand to be cut down, is LOVE.

Hold it in your heart brothers, act out your fantasies but hold it in your heart and see how they fall like a house of cards, see them evaporate in the wind and feel yourself fill with strength. Hold that strength and focus that rage on preventing this EVER from happening to anyone again.

We must all join together now and find real ways to stop the abuse!!
Old October 3rd, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by words of flow View Post
I'm not sure about "self". In part, yes. But also triggered by typical women's apathy / unwillingness to confront complicated emotions.
Uhh, dude, I'm a woman and I really resent this whole "TYPICAL WOMEN'S *insert some generalization here*" talk. I'm perfectly capable of not being apathetic about human rights issues, and I'm willing to confront complicated emotions. You could say what you just said just as easily about a guy as you could a girl.

If the girl you were formerly dating would be a person likely to circumcise her son in a fit of... whatever, then obviously she's not the person for you, and breaking up was a wise choice. There are a lot of guys out there who would circumcise their sons in just such a mindless manner, as well.

Personally, I would not sleep with, date, or marry someone who would circumcise any sons he might have, and I would press for him to be firmly DECIDED on the issue before we ever slept together.

Look, I'm not trying to say you're a bad person or a horrible misogynist, just that what you said can alienate women supporters of intactivism, because it IS sexist.
Old October 4th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terato View Post
Uhh, dude, I'm a woman and I really resent this whole "TYPICAL WOMEN'S *insert some generalization here*" talk. I'm perfectly capable of not being apathetic about human rights issues, and I'm willing to confront complicated emotions. You could say what you just said just as easily about a guy as you could a girl.
The sad fact is that about half the women in the USA having male babies seem to be signing circumcision consent forms for non-ritual male circumcision of their babies. To many of us, the victims of MGM who contribute to this site, it does seem that the majority of USA mothers are unwilling or unable to face the ethical and human rights issues involved in circumcision of babies.

However, I understand where you are coming from. It is too easy to generalize. We are lucky to have your support. Women like you have the power to bring about change that is needed.