Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network

Go Back   Foreskin Restoration / Intactivism Network > INTACTIVISM > The Foyer / Guestbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendars Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Foyer / Guestbook Just visiting? What's on your mind? No links, no pics.

Old February 29th, 2012

Default Re: Foregen in 5-10 years?

There isn't anything wrong with donating to Foregen, but be expecting anything. I have said for sometime now, that an MD can pull the rug out from under Foregen at any moment and I believe that is what will happen. Foregen wishes to do a trial, but I believe the technology is already here to a great extent. An MD does not need a trail, nor is he required by law to do a trail. Provided he obtains proper consent, he can perform the procedure at will. It appears that Dr. Reed is close to doing exactly that. Once doctors realize how many men desire the intact look, feel, etc., they will begin to move on this. Naturally, this depends on whether this procedure using the ACell product will provide an acceptable result, aesthetically speaking. I believe with some refinements it will. The foreskin will be regenerated in much the same way that an open wound is treated. This should be one of the most interesting moments in medicine, regardless of one's position on circumcision.
Old March 1st, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.f. View Post
Are you honestly unable to recognize the categorical difference between an unconditional statement and a conditional statement?

Also, way to ignore my valid points. Foregen is a scam. You're here almost exclusively to promote it. Ron should ban you. End of discussion.
I am pretty sure that I can tell the difference between "categotical" and "unconditional", that is why I explicitly stated that you attached conditions to your statement. You have ignored many of my points. A few posts back I typed up a long, well thought out and articulate response with many valid points. You ignored every point I made and simply called my response a "wall of words".

And I am promoting Foregen. I'm not hiding it and I'm not going to deny it. Just look at my signature. But I have made many posts (several just within the last week) that have nothing to do with Foregen or even regenerative medicine in general. I do respect the forum and I am not trolling the website talking about Foregen in places where it is not appropiate. I do discuss Foregen when it is appropriate.

And how how do you know Foregen is a scam? Foregen is a registered charity in Italy and they will soon be registered in the U.S. If Foregen steals the money it would be a crime and the people responsible would be prosecuted. Also, Ron is the treasurer of Foregen. Do you think Ron is out to get you and steal your money? I thought you like Ron. I have read many of your posts and honestly I do think you are a smart guy and I agree with more than 90% of what you say. But when it comes to Foregen and regenerative medicine I disagree with almost everything you say. I bet if it was reversed and RIC was done to girls but not boys, women would have started an organization and collected billions of dollars by now. Maybe the technology isn't 100% there yet, but women would be making progress to achieve that technology because they would be taking action. That's why women have so many rights, because they take action. Men just sit on their ass and do nothing and then wonder why they are discriminated against.
Old March 1st, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71913 View Post
There isn't anything wrong with donating to Foregen, but be expecting anything. I have said for sometime now, that an MD can pull the rug out from under Foregen at any moment and I believe that is what will happen. Foregen wishes to do a trial, but I believe the technology is already here to a great extent. An MD does not need a trail, nor is he required by law to do a trail. Provided he obtains proper consent, he can perform the procedure at will. It appears that Dr. Reed is close to doing exactly that. Once doctors realize how many men desire the intact look, feel, etc., they will begin to move on this. Naturally, this depends on whether this procedure using the ACell product will provide an acceptable result, aesthetically speaking. I believe with some refinements it will. The foreskin will be regenerated in much the same way that an open wound is treated. This should be one of the most interesting moments in medicine, regardless of one's position on circumcision.
You make very good points. I am not a "Foregen fanboy" as some would believe. I just want my foreskin back, I don't care how it happens. If Dr. Reed can develop a procedure before Foregen, good for him. I support Foregen because I think that if enough people did it would increase our chances of getting something done sooner rather than later. But if other people develop a procedure first and destroy Foregen in the process I would be extremely happy. Because then there would be a regeneration procedure available and Foregen wouldn't even matter at that point. But until that happens, I think we should support Foregen as well to increase our odds that something can happen sooner rather than later.
Old March 1st, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71913 View Post
Thanks for the post. Very interesting stuff indeed! I would be surprised if there is still no fast way to get a foreskin in the next ten years. Who knows how expensive it will be though. I'm in the minority here, but I'm just waiting for it. I won't be trying to convince others to do the same, but I enjoy life without restoring more than with even if it means no foreskin later.
Old March 6th, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tly--DVwC0

Maybe this would work...
Old April 16th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.f. View Post
If and when specific human nerve structures can be reliably regrown, foreskin regeneration will become possible. But there is no valid need to keep talking about foreskin regeneration UNLESS AND UNTIL human nerve structures can be reliably regrown. And when that happens, you'll read and hear about it in every paper, on every channel.

So, I maintain, the only reason you keep posting about foreskin regeneration is to mislead people into thinking that it's right around the corner if only enough people donate. And that's a despicable lie. You are a despicable liar for telling that despicable lie.
I just came across this news article from 2009 from the Mayo clinic indicating they are well on their way to regenerating nerves for injured war vets: http://discoverysedge.mayo.edu/regen...cine-military/ ... that article is almost three years old, so I can only wonder how things are progressing now!

I'm of the hopeful opinion that this technology IS actually closer than we think. The problem is once nerves can actually be reliably regrown as part of restoring someone's arm or leg or what have you, we will need people lobbying (I hate using that word, but it applies here) for the technology to be used to regrow foreskins, too. That to me is why Foregen is an important part of the conversation. Is it perfect, no, but I think it's a step in the right direction to have an organization focus on the medical aspects of restoration/regeneration along with traditional restoration techniques involving stretching, etc.